475 Riverside Drive, Suite 950
Job Description: The World Science Festival (WSF) is looking for a digital media professional to develop and implement creative strategies for engaging / growing WSF’s digital audience across all digital platforms and YouTube channel. You’ll combine the art of writing and a strong visual sensibility with the science of data analytics to create campaigns around our growing slate of digital content including videos, podcasts, and livestreams. You’ll work with the Media, Marketing and Development departments to create original science-themed digital communications throughout the year. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who understands how to leverage digital media platforms to support a mission-driven organization that communicates science to millions of people around the world.
- Consult regularly with the media, marketing, development, editorial, and creative staff to define a digital strategy in the rapidly shifting space by creating, managing, and maintaining WSF content on its web site, through digital communications and for social platforms (currently Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Moderate and curate audience conversation across digital and social media.
- Research content and generate ideas for infographics, animations, video shorts, and digital posts.
- Provide assistance with website editing and email marketing.
- Analyze and report on YouTube and social audience analytics and create strategies to tailor content to reach specific demographics.
- Work closely with media and design teams to execute advertising campaigns across WSF’s digital channels.
- Identify new trends and products in social media, and test and advocate for change as needed.
Qualifications And Special Requirements:
- Experience working with Wordpress, Google Analytics, YouTube, Google AdWords, Google Tag Manager, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining and amplifying the WSF brand identity.
- Excellent written, organizational, project management, planning and communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of online production processes including: writing, design, planning, technology, art, audio, podcasts, video, and animation.
- Desire to learn new technology, software, hardware and techniques relevant to this role.
- An understanding of the ever-changing digital landscape.
- Interest in science a big plus.
About The World Science Festival:
About The World Science:
World Science produces original live and digital content that brings scientific discovery, insight and perspective to a broad general audience.
Our flagship live event, The World Science Festival, is an unprecedented annual tribute to imagination, ingenuity and inventiveness. Through programming that spans a broad range—from vibrant discussions and debates to works of theatre and film—world-class scientists, leading thinkers, and renowned artists take science out of the laboratory and into the streets, theaters, museums, and public halls of New York City, making the esoteric understandable and the familiar fascinating. The week-long New York Festival has drawn more than 2.3 million visitors since its launch in 2008, with millions more viewing the programs online.
World Science’s live events and theatrical productions tour nationally and internationally. In March 2016, the the Organization launched the World Science Festival Brisbane, bringing its distinctive programming to new audiences and establishing the first annual Festival outside of New York.
World Science U is the Foundation’s online education initiative, where students and lifelong learners can dive more deeply through artfully produced digital education content presented by world-renowned scientists.
The World Science Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in New York City.
The World Science Festival is a production of the World Science Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in New York City.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How To Apply:
Please email resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Social / Digital Audience Engagement Manager” in the subject line.
*No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. The World Science Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.