Details: Plus excellent benefits package
60 Temple Place, 5th Floor
Position summary: This senior management position oversees BCIL’s provision of core independent living services to consumers living in the Boston neighborhoods of Hyde Park, Roxbury, Mattapan, Dorchester, Jamaica Plain, West Roxbury, and Roslindale as well as Dedham and Milton. Also, works closely with BCIL’s PCA, community advocacy, LTSS coordination, and administrative department managers and staff to provide an integrated service and advocacy system at BCIL. Strong priority is given to building positive team dynamics; ensuring timely, appropriate, and high-quality consumer-controlled services; developing service initiatives as feasible; and timely completion of necessary reports and administrative tasks. Reports to the Director of Services, though will interact regularly with all BCIL managers.
- Supervise as many as five staff. Conduct regular supervisory meetings and provide timely personnel reviews.
- Hire and orient new staff as needed.
- Review staff performance including evaluations, discipline and, if necessary, termination, working as needed with Director of Services, Deputy Director and Executive Director.
- Other responsibilities:
- Ensure day-to-day direct service operations, including updates to policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with regulations and documentation requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with organizations and agencies that can assist staff and consumers.
- Review staff consumer case documentation.
- Complete and submit required reports to funding sources
- Conduct quality control and programmatic evaluation of programs and services.
- Train staff and identify and support outside staff trainings.
- Assist staff with provision of core IL services to consumers on an as-needed basis and maintain a small consumer caseload.
- Mediate conflicts between staff and consumers.
- Represent BCIL at public events and meetings and related events as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Services, Deputy Director or Executive Director
Desired qualifications and competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead a team and supervise staff.
- A strong understanding and commitment to independent living philosophy and the rights of people with disabilities.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills; bilingual or multilingual skills a plus.
- Member of the population to be served or extensive experience working in an independent living setting.
- Knowledge of disability services and civil rights laws or ability to quickly learn.
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience.
40 Hours – Full Time
BCIL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation is provided as needed for employees and other affiliates. Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE) checks are part of BCIL's standard procedure.
2 weeks paid vacation (increases with length of service)
2 personal days
12 sick days
Health, dental, (75% paid by agency). Short-term disability, long-term
disability, group life insurance 100% company paid.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual a plus
Minimum Education Required