Details: plus monthly on-call stipend
Location: Emergency Shelter
Reports To: Shelter Director
The Women’s and Children’s Crisis Shelter, Inc. (WCCS) is seeking a full-time bilingual (English/Spanish) Case Manager to promote safety and empowerment of victims of domestic violence by providing individual case management along with crisis intervention and supportive services.
· Assures development of short-term Case Management Plan(s) for all adult shelter clients;
· Provides direct crisis intervention to clients;
· Able to effectively safety plan with survivors of domestic violence, including shelter clients, and over the phone;
· Facilitates support groups for clients;
· Files child abuse referrals when necessary;
· Transports clients as needed;
· Provides child care during support group classes, counseling sessions or as needed;
· Develop ongoing referral relationships with health, legal and social service system;
· Assures rights of clients are adhered to within shelter policies and guidelines;
· Supervises Family Support Worker(s) and Family Advocate(s);
· Performs annual job performance reviews of staff under supervision;
· Notifies supervisor of urgent program needs, client non-compliance, emergency situation, and program progress;
· Maintains a written record of operations in a timely manner through client log, client files and client service activity sheets;
· Attends staff meetings and in-service trainings as needed; and
· Performs additional duties as requested by supervisor.
- Must have great understanding of confidentiality and ethical conduct, have good writing skills, and be a self starter as well as a team player.
- BA/BS from accredited college or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 1-year experience having worked with survivors of domestic violence and/or child abuse;
- Minimum 1-year case management experience and supervisory experience;
- State of California forty-hour Domestic Violence Training Certificate preferred;
· Bilingual English/Spanish;
· Cultural sensitivity;
· First Aid/CPR Training Certificate;
· Knowledge of family structure and community dynamics of population served;
· Ability to accept diverse personal and cultural behaviors;
· Must exhibit flexibility, mature judgment, confidence and competence;
· Good writing and communication skills;
· Must have current California Driver’s License, good driving record and current automobile insurance.
Salary: $38,000 annual plus monthly on-call stipend
Hours: Full-time with work schedule of either Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday depending on needs of the shelter. Non-exempt, varies, and on-call as scheduled/needed.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: HR@dvshelter.org
Closing Date: This position will remain open until filled.
**No phone calls, please**
Women’s and Children’s Crisis Shelter
“Women’s and Children’s Crisis Shelter is committed to provide safety, shelter and hope to victims of domestic violence.”
WCCS is an equal opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated by WCCS on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer-related or HIV/AIDS conditions), gender, genetic characteristics or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
After completing the first 90 days of employment staff has the option in enrolling in health, dental, and vision insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required