Provide Vocational Evaluation, Short-term Evaluations and Community-Based Work Evaluation (CBWE) services for individuals referred, including intake, orientation, testing, and monitoring of participant. Complete required documentation for all services as outlined by the funding source. Act as a liaison to school transition staff; oversee transition services. Provide guidance, support and resources to students/consumers transitioning in/from schools.
Essential Job Functions:
· Review new referrals; send start letter within 5 business days of receiving new referral to schedule intakes.
· Follow up on new referrals that do not come to their first & second appointment, if consumer does not attend collect paperwork, and return voucher to DVR counselor in a timely manner – not more than 20 days after receiving referral.
· Explain and review all GW policies, procedures and handbook to new referrals, provide tours (if applicable).
· Complete required documentation (including Intakes, IWEP Plans, Progress Notes, and other required documentation) within specified timeframes.
· Administer evaluation tests based on the interest/needs of consumers and at the request of the referral agency and under the supervision of the Director of Rehab.
· Provide vocational counseling to consumers for career development and job exploration as needed.
· Score and compile all vocational test material and complete evaluation/observation summary reports.
· Provide health & safety orientations to consumers (if applicable).
· Complete case notations on a daily basis related to consumers’ behaviors, attitudes and/or characteristics observed during evaluation assessments.
· Monitor and observe Transition students when in a Structured Learning Experiences.
· Provide vocational counseling for Transition students to determine successful transition plans for community integration and goals after high school.
· Completes all progress notes per the progress note and paperwork compliance procedure.
· Enter all consumer information into Foothold Awards system.
· Maintain accurate test score records and files and re-test DVE consumers as needed.
· Build professional relationships with referral sources and assist with recruitment of potential candidates.
· Serve as an agency representative at community and social service meetings.
· Assist with the development of new employer sites for CBWE and Internship Development programs.
· Organize and prioritize daily, weekly and monthly schedule. Maintain all appointments on the Outlook calendar.
· Compile statistical information on consumers’ activities in all Vocational Evaluation programs assigned, on a weekly and monthly basis.
· Participate in DVE and CBWE consumer case conferences.
· If fluent in another language, may be asked to translate on behalf of rehab consumers as needed.
· Exercise good judgment and discretion in all communication and when making decisions that impact individuals, the group of individuals, and/or in crisis situations.
· Develop and maintain positive & productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and other colleagues, individuals, parents & caretakers, and support teams.
· Become familiar with CARF regulations. Assure services provided and documentation maintained is CARF compliant. Help prepare for and participate in CARF audits.
· Attend rehab dept. and all staff meetings.
(Other duties and assignments as may be assigned at the sole discretion of the employer)
· Master’s degree from an accredited school in related field required.
· 1 year of experience in mental health, vocational rehabilitation, or case management preferred.
· Bilingual (Spanish) and/or ASL preferred.
· Intermediate Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
· Excellent communication and written skills
· Highly organized self-starter, excellent organizational and administrative skills. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
· Navigate and negotiate through difficult situations
· Ability to communicate with all levels of employees
Scope of Responsibility & Positions Supervised:
· The Rehabilitation Counselor reports to the Director of Rehab Services.
· S/he will use discretion to change situational assessment and CBWE assignments for consumers in absence of the Director of Rehab; notifies Director of consumer incidents or emergencies.
Special Working Conditions:
· Lifting a minimum of 30 lbs. Ability to stand, bend and lift.
· Supervise DVE and CBWE consumers in various work environments, including retail, production, janitorial, office and warehouse. Some areas may be cluttered or dusty.
Minimum Education Required