Full Time Contract
Details: NYC Service offers a stipend and benefits
The Lantern Group (Lantern Community Services and Lantern Organization) is a supportive housing organization that champions the independence and well-being of New Yorkers who are impacted by or threatened with homelessness. Lantern Organization develops and manages permanent affordable and supported housing, which is paired with comprehensive services and programs designed and operated by Lantern Community Services to support clients so they can stay healthy and housed. Our 18 buildings, with almost 1,400 units, house a range of single adults to families, with sites located in the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Upper Manhattan. Lantern currently has a staff of around 200 full-time employees and services a client base of nearly 1,200 and an additional 800 community residents.
Lantern Community Services’ teams of experienced social workers and program specialists deliver programming directly within each apartment building to these high-need populations, resulting in excellent rates of engagement with our clients. Programs with proven results in health, employment, education, and life skills are delivered inside our residences and tailored to each person’s needs. We provide Lantern clients – many of whom live with mental illness, addiction, disability, HIV or other chronic illnesses – with the tools they need to integrate successfully into the greater community with dignity and independence.
Member Position Summary:
Conduct ongoing outreach to recruit new volunteers / partners and engage current volunteers across Lantern programming and sites, and formalize Lantern’s volunteer processes.
Detailed Functions of Position:
Objective: Conduct ongoing outreach to recruit new volunteers / partners and engage current volunteers across Lantern programming and sites, and formalize Lantern’s volunteer processes
• Become familiar with Lantern programs and staff that utilize volunteers, current volunteers and current volunteer processes
• Travel to all Lantern sites to meet staff
• Market analysis of how similar social service organizations use volunteers
• Follow up with volunteers and maintaining relationships
• Onboard volunteers, place volunteers with organization/staff, and maintain volunteer roster
• Identify program needs across Lantern and conduct outreach to expand volunteer roster
• Contribute to Lantern’s social media (as desired by the member or needed by the organization)
• Identify gaps in partnership (geographically and/or programmatically) and begin to identify partnerships
• Civic Corps member project of interest
• Organize and hold annual volunteer recognition event
Preferred Academic or Experience Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of Member:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Basic excel skills
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills/knowledge
• Community Outreach
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Organizational skills and attention to details
• Interpersonal and communication skills
* Please note: The duties and responsibilities in this service position description may be subject to change. In the rare event that there are any changes, members will be notified prior to beginning the service year and the position description will be amended. All changes will be reviewed and approved in advance by NYC Service.
This position is employed by NYC Service. This position will be given a stipend, plus benefits.
Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
Lantern Community Services (Lantern) values the diversity of all our clients, staff, Board of Directors, and partners. By bringing diverse individuals and viewpoints together, we create more vibrant, healthy and just communities. Lantern welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and experiences regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, political belief, religion, immigration status, veteran status, class, creed, and mental or physical disability.
Minimum Education Required