Details: Salary range mid $40s based on qualification, experience, and fit.
Program Description: The Learning To Work Program (LTW) administered at Bronx Community High School is a collaboration with the NYC Department of Education and New York City Mission Society. The program assists students, who are over-aged and under-credentialed, in acquiring the skills, knowledge, attitudes and behavioral changes that will maximize their potential. The program’s aim is to enable students to graduate high school, transition into post-secondary education, or into meaningful permanent employment.
Title: Licensed Masters-level Social Worker
FLSA: Regular Full-Time Exempt
Reports to: Program Manager
Basic Function: To assess the social, emotional and life needs of children and families and to connect them to needed services.
DUTIES & Responsibilities:
· Provide case management services to students and families enrolled in the Learning to Work Program
· Provide crisis intervention services inclusive of on-site crisis counseling
· Develop and maintain a community resource directory to be accessed and used by students and parents
· Facilitate weekly advisory sessions with students
· Responsible for family outreach to ensure communication with student’s support systems
· Develop and maintain a city-wide referral network
· Ensure that students receive appropriate services either on-site or through referral to outside resources
· Design, develop, and implement parent and student workshops
· Document contact with clients electronically · Provide individual & group counseling to students · Participate in interdepartmental meetings, case conferences and mediations · Conduct home visits on an as needed basis
· Participate in individual and group clinical supervision for social work staff at Mission Society’s four additional Learning to Work programs
· Provide guidance regarding social work ethics, and policies and procedures for all Mission Society social work staff and services
Must have LMSW certification. Must have at least 2 years’ experience providing clinical services to adolescents and families. Familiarity with the Department of Education system a plus. Superior interpersonal skills. Thorough knowledge of adolescent development and family dynamics. Bilingual/ Spanish a plus.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Staff is expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Mission Society.
Comprehensive benefits include Medical, Dental, and Life & Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, TransitChek, Employee Wellness Program, Municipal Credit Union Membership, and Voluntary Supplemental Insurance options.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter with qualifications that relate to this position, salary requirements and resume to HR@nycmissionsociety.org or Fax to 212-979-5764. Include in Subject Line: LTW Bronx Community High School Social Worker
Note: No phone calls accepted. Applicants must meet qualifications stated above. Only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.