Funds Flow Budget Analyst
Reports to: Chief Financial OfficerFLSA Status: Exempt
FTE Status: 1.0 FTE
Hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday
Location: 1000 Second Ave., Suite 1730, Seattle, WA 98104
Mission, Vision and Values
HealthierHere is a newly created non-profit Limited Liability Company (LLC) and subsidiary of the Seattle Foundation. Our vision is that “by 2020, the people of King County will experience significant gain in health and well-being because our community worked collectively to make the shift from a costly, crisis-oriented response to health and social problems, to one that focuses on prevention, embraces recovery, and eliminates disparities.
As an organization, we operate under a set of core values that include equity, teamwork, integrity, accountability, preparedness, clear communication, innovation, and a healthy work environment. These values guide our work with each other and with our community partners.
HealthierHere is one of nine regional Accountable Communities of Health (ACH) in Washington State that are part of the Healthier Washington Initiative and are responsible for implementing a five-year Medicaid Transformation Project. More information on Healthier Washington can be found at: http://www.hca.wa.gov/hw/Pages/default.aspx. Information about King County’s ACH can be found at: http://www.kingcounty.gov/ach.
HealthierHere is moving forward a portfolio of delivery system reform activities in alignment with the Health Care Authority’s Healthier Washington plan and goals as described in the Medicaid Transformation Project Toolkit. HealthierHere’s project portfolio includes activities related to bi-directional integration, chronic disease prevention and control, transitional care, and addressing the opioid crisis. In addition, HealthierHere is committed to system transformation activities that include robust care coordination, addressing the social determinants of health, and reducing health disparities in the region.
The Funds Flow Budget Analyst reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for participating in, supporting and informing strategy discussions around the allocation of incentive dollars as well as value-based purchasing (VBP) approaches and methodologies. This position will work with a network of providers and community partners to understand the community project needs, as well as with the Governing Board, HealthierHere staff and committees as needed. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of health, including health equity, social determinants of health, and health care delivery and financing systems. This is a professional position involving daily project management.
The Funds Flow Budget Analyst will prioritize social justice and equity, and be committed to creating forward progress in transforming the health of the population in King County.
- Support the creation financial models related to funds allocation, project planning, implementation and ongoing sustainability.
- Support the creation of communications to ACH providers and stakeholders regarding funds flow and other Demonstration financial requirements.
- Coordinate with the Financial Executor on distribution of payments to ACH participants.
- Interface with the Finance Committee as necessary, including conducting presentations and making recommendations.
- Inform funding approach for ACH participant contracts and track disbursements to participants.
- Support strategies to enable ACH participants’ Value Based Purchasing (VBP) transitions in alignment with Medicaid Transformation Project (MTP) activities, including connecting participants to technical assistance resources.
- Staff to the Incentive Funds Flow Workgroup by providing support for agenda, minutes, etc.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree with five years of experience in financial or accounting role in hospital, managed care, public agency, or related field.
- Understanding of health care financing and budgeting processes.
- Experience with provider contracting and value-based payment (VBP) arrangements
- Financial modeling experience.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Project management skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a variety of settings and media.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in a fast-paced environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume by 5 p.m. May 4, 2018.
As an equal opportunity employer, Healthier Here is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Healthier Here does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.