Habitat ReStore Pick Up Driver
200 Blair Mill Road
Description: This position is a physically demanding role that is primarily responsible for, but not limited to the pick-up of merchandise from donors, safely packing the merchandise in the ReStore truck and trailer, returning to ReStore and unpacking merchandise.
Employee Status: Non-exempt, hourly at 40 hours per week
1. General Duties
- Drive HabitatMontDelco vehicles to pick-up donated goods
- Load and unload all donated materials working collaboratively and professionally with ReStore staff and or volunteers
- Screen for product usability.
- Communicating with ReStore Manager and ReStore staff regarding incoming donations.
- Occasionally supervising volunteers, making their experience meaningful.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with ReStore staff, volunteers, Habitat homeowners and ReStore customers.
- Maintain donation acceptance documentation and refusal of donation verification and documentation
- Work is performed in a retail/warehouse environment
- Answer truck phone and provide ReStore information, able to utilize logistics technology
- Maintenance of the ReStore truck- interior and exterior- keeping it neat and clean
2. Other Duties as Assigned by the ReStore Manager
3. Required Skills / Experience
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to relate and interact with individuals of rich diversity and varying skill sets
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., stand squat, bend and climb in/out of truck on a daily 8 hour basis Ability to spend majority of the day standing or moving about ReStore. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
- Ability to work outside and inside in all weather conditions
- Ability to drive a box truck with knowledge of basic furniture moving techniques
- Ability to use technology as needed and required
- Must have good anticipatory abilities and personally act on same as need arises.
- Must be willing to understand the big picture of the HFHI mission and know that ReStore is only a part of the larger goal.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender/Child Abuse Clearances.
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of six months’ work experience
- Must have a driver’s license and maintain a good driving record, and preferred to be at least 25 years old as per required with vehicle rentals
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply in person at 200 Blair Mill Road Tuesday - Sat, 10 -7 or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org