1155 MARKET STREET
Event coordination for general public facing LightHouse events and other development duties as needed
Education: Bachelor or Graduate Degree preferred.
Experience: Five years of experience in non-profit fundraising, event coordination, and/or public relations. Familiarity with blindness and/or broader disability issues is a plus.
Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Working efficiently and calmly under pressure. Quick effective problem solving. Highly organized with capability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines with minimal oversight. Superior ability to network and liaise between multiple parties simultaneously. Strong written and verbal communication. Demonstrated ability to negotiate with venues and vendors to secure the best available event pricing and services.
Other: Personal initiative. Curiosity about people, a sense of humor and a strong team-oriented style. Enthusiasm for LightHouse services and the transformative effect we have on the lives of individuals who are blind or have low vision.
Able to sit at a desk and perform computer-intensive work for long periods of time, operate standard office equipment, move 10lbs independently, move quickly and efficiently around familiar and unfamiliar venues
- Coordinate all details of special events, including but not limited to: design of electronic and print invitations, volunteer management, securing sponsorships and event logistics.
- Assist with LightHouse internal staff events and programs
- Develop and manage revenue and expense budgets for events.
- Organize and oversee event timelines, vendors, and venues.
- Frequent weekend and evening events.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Overseeing the activities of volunteers and vendors at events.
Medical, Dental,Vision, 401(k) Match, FSA/HSA/HDHP's and additional Voluntary Benefits offered as well!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Only Applicants/Candidates with Cover Letter and Resume will be considered.