Title: Office Administrator
Who We Are:
The Mount Kisco Interfaith Food Pantry (MKIFP) promotes the health and well-being of our northern Westchester community by providing weekly nutritious food and complementary education and services to those in need. Our congregational and community partners work together to honor the dignity of those we serve. We empower our neighbors to thrive by providing nutritious food and complementary programming in a warm and welcoming way. Each week, our staff and volunteers serve hundreds of area households.
MKIFP has grown significantly in recent years. The Office Administrator is a new, paid part-time position to ensure continuity in a range of critical responsibilities that are essential to the Pantry’s long-term success. Working mainly remote, the Administrator will work closely with members of the Board of Directors and other staff to ensure that its financial, fundraising, communications and other administrative functions are running effectively and consistently.
- Governance: Tasks include setting up meetings, including the assembly and distribution of meeting materials, maintaining calendars, preparing meeting minutes as needed, keeping corporate records, preparing correspondence and other clerical and administrative support.
- Communications: Respond to email information requests, maintain the agency mailing list, manage the production of periodic newsletter, and post updates to MKIFP website.
- Operations: Order office supplies, and manage the text messaging alert system.
- Finance: Track organizational spending, in-kind donations, process payroll, track benefits and resolve payroll-related questions.
- Other duties as assigned such as assistance with special events.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Expert written and verbal communications skills with ability to communicate persuasively.
- Comfortable working independently and as an effective member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information at all times.
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with board members, volunteers, staff and clients.
- Must exercise legal and ethical integrity.
- Respect the dignity and privacy of all guests.
- Administrative experience in related field (Nonprofits, Administration, Communications, Development).
- Adept with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Dropbox.
- Experience with and knowledge of CRM databases such as Raiser’s Edge or DonorPerfect is preferred.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and basic accounting is preferred
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.