International Initiatives Coordinator
- Job posted by National Association for College Admission Counseling
The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) has an opening for the position of international initiatives coordinator, working collaboratively with the associate director of international initiatives. The coordinator prepares written communications such as correspondence, annual reports, meeting agendas, background materials, and minutes; makes arrangements for conference calls and meetings; assists in the managing of projects and products undertaken by the department; coordinates webinars; conducts occasional research and writes and/or edits content for projects under the direction of the associate director, including the development of website content, presentations and departmental publications, along with managing the department’s social media presence and activity. This position requires a general understanding of international admissions, counseling, and global student mobility, which will support the monitoring of trends and developments in the field and engagement with the department’s constituent groups. The coordinator must be able to balance multiple tasks, manage large projects, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision.
NACAC is an education association of more than 16,000 postsecondary and secondary schools, organizations, counselors, and college admission and financial aid officers that work with students as they make the transition from high school to postsecondary education. NACAC offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits & retirement package, and a convenient location near the Clarendon metro station in Arlington, Virginia.
- Assumes regular administrative duties for the department such as preparing correspondence and other documents, fielding telephone calls, replying to general inquiry emails, organizing meetings, photocopying, handling invoices and expense reports, preparing mailings and meeting materials, and researching information online.
- Communicates with colleagues, members, students, leaders, the public, and professional groups, clearly, accurately, professionally, with a strong customer service orientation.
- Obtains, organizes, and analyzes data to inform research and writing projects, as well as new initiatives. Authors content when relevant opportunities arise.
- Assists with project management, such as creating timelines, tracking deliverables, and analyzing outcomes, for ongoing and new initiatives.
- Manages the department’s social media, electronic, and website communication efforts by creating relevant content and monitoring analytics.
- Coordinates and executes targeted marketing efforts to promote the department’s resources and programs.
- Occasionally travels to meeting and event sites in support of the associate director during the week and over weekends, when required.
- Provides back-up support for the international initiatives committee by preparing agendas and background materials, scheduling, managing meeting logistics, taking meeting minutes, and processing travel and reimbursement requests.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects assigned by the associate director.
- Performs other duties as required by the associate director.
- Minimum of 1-year work experience in a professional office setting preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work or study experience related to international education.
- Professional interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent oral communication and customer service skills.
- Strong reading, writing, proofreading, and editing skills, including the proper usage of English grammar and syntax.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exemplary organizational skills, including being efficient.
- Basic research and fact-finding skills.
- Comfort and ease with routine administrative functions.
- Ability to anticipate tasks and proactively identify resources and solutions.
- Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines with accuracy and timeliness.
- Knowledge of efficient Internet search tactics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and comfort learning and using other software.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment including phone, printers, copiers, and scanners.
- Ability to interact with diverse individuals, including committee members, visitors, and representatives of partner organizations.
- Ability to work both independently and in coordination with others.
Additional Salary Information: 10% 403(b) retirement contribution that is immediately 100% vested; generous paid time off leave; 12 paid holidays; half paid day off on birthday; summer hours compressed work weeks with every other Friday off; employer subsidized health/dental/vision insurance (POS or PPO plan); employer paid disability/life/AD&D insurance; employer paid parking or metro SmartBenefits contribution; and more!
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in English.
Minimum Education Required