215 Forest Hills Street
Associate Teachers are placed on grade-level (K-5) or subject level (6-12) teams in Match Public Charter Schools for
an intensive year-long apprenticeship. Throughout the year, our associate teachers are coached and mentored by school leaders at Match and slowly assume more classroom responsibilities. All of our associate teachers are also enrolled in the Sposato Graduate School of Education. SGSE offers highly practical, hands-on training in effectively designing and implementing rigorous instruction, and in building classroom cultures consistent with achievement, purposefulness, and joy. Through courses, coaching, and classroom experience, associate teachers improve their teaching and planning expertise with the goal of becoming lead teachers in Match and other schools with similar missions the following year.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Serve as a teaching assistant in the classroom
- Observe and provide in-class support to a host teacher.
- Actively receive coaching from Match and Sposato staff.
- Provide coverage, as requested, for a host teacher.
- Teach in a host teacher’s classroom with a gradual increase in teaching responsibilities as the school year progresses.
- Support the host teachers with administrative work- grading, material development, etc.
Provide daily coverage and support for the school
- Support school-wide duties (Breakfast, Lunch, Dismissal, etc.) as needed.
- Lead after-school activities as needed.
- Provide coverage for classrooms as needed.
Enroll in Sposato Graduate School of Education
- Complete all coursework requirements of SGSE and remain in good academic standing.
- Attend classes two nights a week throughout the school year.
- Attend practice sessions on Saturdays throughout the fall.
- Meet all practicum requirements, including summer student teaching in 2018.
- A Bachelor’s degree required;
- A minimum of one-year teaching or tutoring experience in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred;
- A commitment to working with underserved, youth from low-income backgrounds
- An unwavering commitment to and belief in the mission of Match Education, including Match’s values and educational model;
- Dedication to constantly improving;
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Eagerness to receiving feedback on teaching practice;
- Strong communication and writing skills;
- Relentless work ethic;
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice through improving educational outcomes;
- Grit and determination.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and positions are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. We have three application deadlines throughout the year that indicate the likelihood that a candidate will be able to secure a position in Match Associate Teacher. The earlier candidates apply, the more likely they are to secure a position at Match in their ideal grade range. Late Fall Deadline: December 16, 2018.