312 East 109th Street
This will begin as a temporary position with the possibility of a permanent position.
The Assistant Director of Volunteer Services will work closely with the Director of Volunteer Services and other staff to continuously grow, improve, and streamline the department. The position requires the knowledge of database management, enhanced technological skills and a forward thinker to creatively achieve the department’s goals. The Assistant Director will also possess the ability to work closely with corporate executives, older and younger adults, and persons with disabilities.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Creates recruitment/retention strategies and manages the placement and coordination of all volunteers. Updates and creates documentation to maintain effective volunteer practices.
- Plans and helps coordinate corporate volunteer activities with the Director of Volunteer Services and the Development department. Serves as on-site project manager for volunteer events by ensuring data tracking and volunteers experience a wonderful volunteer project.
- Supervises and oversees three volunteer programs (Friendly Visiting, Grocery Shopping Assistance and Telefriend) operated by a Volunteer Coordinator. Ensures correct statistical reporting and all government regulations and program policies are followed for all three programs.
- Operates and manages the volunteer database and data collection of all locations & programs. The position requires learning the Donor Perfect software used as a Volunteer database. Maintains and supervises Volunteer Services statistics and runs statistical reports for grant reporting and internal purposes. Manages integration and transition process from Donor Perfect to new software.
- Serve as point-of-contact for CBN Senior Choir. Work with Choir Director to plan and execute concerts as needed, serve as staff liaison for choir needs, coordinate with Activities Director, and create and distribute promotional materials for concerts.
- Attend monthly meetings with DFTA Volunteer Coalition in-person or via teleconference as CBN representative.
BA or BS required.
Demonstrated ability to complete simultaneous complex projects in a timely manner.
Demonstrated leadership in a team setting working with staff, volunteers, agency personnel, and others to accomplish objectives.
Demonstrated ability to work independently in an office and field setting, maintain self-motivation and persist in the face of obstacles.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
Highly motivated, organized, creative self-directed and flexible.
Positive attitude and sense of humor a plus.
Superior written, verbal and listening skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Holly Hedemark, Director of Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.