About Swords to Plowshares
Founded in 1974, Swords to Plowshares is a community-based not-for-profit organization that provides counseling and case management, rapid re-housing and eviction prevention services, employment and training, supportive housing, and legal benefits assistance for low-income, homeless and at-risk veterans in the San Francisco Bay Area. Swords to Plowshares promotes and protects the rights of veterans through advocacy, public education, and partnerships with local, state and national entities. Learn more about the work of Swords to Plowshares, and ways in which you can help, by visiting our website at: https://www.swords-to-plowshares.org/.
SOAR Coordinator is responsible for
- Managing and maintaining SOAR Services to STP clients
- Managing and maintaining ongoing communications with the San Francisco and Alameda CoC’s in relation to the SOAR and SSVF Programs.
- Communicating the SOAR and SSVF programs, initiatives and efforts to the community.
1060 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Maintains regular office hours Monday-Friday 9-5 with some occasional schedule flexibility to work evenings.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintains caseload of SOAR Clients.
- Maintains SOAR data base and documentation.
- Attend regularly scheduled SOAR Works meetings.
- Remain current and up to date regarding SOAR OAT practices and requirements.
- Providing support to Rep Payee Case Manager (GA check p/u).
- Develops and maintains internal communications related to the SOAR Program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Swords Executives.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in data program administration
- Translatable military experience and skills may be alternatively substituted.
- SOAR certification or experience preferred or the ability to become certified and demonstrate proficiency within 30 days
- Familiarity with navigating SSI/SSDI benefits and application process preferred
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, MacOS, Google Docs
- Must be able to perform all duties and tasks within what would be considered as reasonable accommodation
- Treat all clients and colleagues with dignity and respect
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of personalities and be comfortable working with at-risk client population, including embracing the agency’s Cultural Humility Initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity and understanding of veterans and homelessness issues
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; flexibility and willingness to perform in a work environment with changing priorities
- Ability to follow through on assigned tasks; ability to set priorities and take initiative in problem solving
- Computer, telephone, cell phone, copy machine, fax machine
Salary & Benefits
Compensation is based on a competitive public interest salary scale. Swords to Plowshares offers a generous benefits package including the following benefits:
- Excellent medical and dental packages
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- 17 vacation days in the first year
- 12 holidays every year
- Wellness program