Supervisor of Social Services - St. John's House II
- Job posted by Lutheran Social Services of New York
LUTHERAN SOCIAL SERVICES OF NEW YORK
POSITION: Supervisor of Social Services
REPORTS TO: Site Director
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time (Management Team)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Located in the South Bronx, St John's House I provides housing and case management services to formally homeless adults in a SRO setting. The Supervisor of Social Services provides supportive, educational, and administrative supervision to the social service staff while acting as the liaison between the residents and the Director.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Acts so as to represent Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission, values, ethics, upholds agency Code of Conduct, and ensure adherence to agency policy and procedures by social service staff.
- Provides supervision (of caseload and documentation) and support to social service staff (may include intern) via individual sessions, staff meetings, and in-house trainings.
- Monitors staff fulfillment of routine and additional assignments.
- Maintains compliance with standards set forth by program funding sources.
- Compiles data and prepares monthly reports for program funding sources, as well as assists Director with annual reports and other functions related to the program.
- Ascertains that client records are “audit-ready” at all times via in-house audits.
- Approves time cards, changes in schedule, and monitors staff attendance.
- Completes monthly calendar of events and schedules client activities.
- Conducts client assessment and crisis intervention.
- Participates in intake process, including selection and screening of residents.
- Assists in Human Resource matters, ordering/monitoring of supplies, petty cash custodial duties, and other tasks related to program functioning.
- Serves as liaison for on-site resources for clients as well as program representative for off-site resources, including development of relationships within the community.
- Social service staff
- Volunteers and interns as needed
- Minimum of 3-years within the Social Service field
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working with substance abusers, HIV, formerly homeless and mentally ill populations
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates good oral and written expressive capabilities.
- Displays Time Management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments at once, and flexibility, including working some holidays and weekends.
- Exhibits strong leadership, clinical, administrative and supervision/management skills.
- Exhibits proficient knowledge of Internet Navigation, E-mail, and Microsoft Word.
- Bilingual a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All resumes and cover letters should be sent to the hiring manager, Michelle Gibson, with "Supervisor of Social Services" in the subject line.
Director of St. John's House
[with "Supervisor of Social Services" in the subject line]
----LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer---