Details: $18-$22 hourly
509 1st Street
Are you a news junkie, trend spotter and storyteller? Do you rock on social and love generating media coverage? We want to meet you. We’re looking for a Program Coordinator to spread the gospel of wild Alasakan salmon from the Copper River and Prince William Sound.
We need a creative thinker and good team player who is curious about pop culture and consumer trends. Our team is driven by personal passions and shared values that shape the culture of Copper River/Prince William Sound Marketing Association and the work we deliver. We work to tap into individual strengths to generate the best possible results for our member fishermen, while aiming to keep work as engaging as possible for our team.
Details, you ask? Read on!
Copper River Prince William Sound Marketing Association is the nonprofit Regional Seafood Development Association serving commercial drift and set net salmon fishermen with the mission of increasing the value of salmon harvested from the Prince William Sound region.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of marketing and public relations programs and events for the association. The position assists in building, implementing, managing, and reporting on communication programs for the association.
The Program Coordinator reports to and works closely with the Executive Director. This position is responsible for executing programs that fulfill the mission of the association as determined by the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Within each of the association’s strategic priorities (branding/marketing, quality, partnerships and organizational competency): project and task management and evaluation, program budget tracking, research and communication, ongoing development of programs to meet mission-specific goals.
- Social media programming.
- Identify pitching opportunities and social influencers.
- Maintain and update media lists.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Database and contact management, member outreach, board support, file and calendar management and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Develops relationships and engages with media and influencers via social media.
- Regularly contributes to blog and member newsletter.
- Strives for consistency and accuracy in all programming and reporting.
- Willingly tries new tasks and projects and approaches work with curiosity and interest.
- Ability to prioritize and perform within our collaborative structure and open office environment with varied noise and distraction levels.
- Strong attention to detail and prioritization.
- Displays excellent communication skills including writing, research and persuasion skills.
- Basic analytical and strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently while managing multiple projects.
- Mac proficient with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to hold an Alaska state drivers license.
- One to two years’ industry-related experience.
- Social Media experience.
- Basic graphic design knowledge, experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Networking skills and public-speaking ability.
The Project Coordinator is a 35-40-hour full time position. Salary is dependent on experience within a range of $18-$22 hourly. Additional benefits include paid leave, holidays and sick time, and partial medical coverage.
- paid leave
- sick leave
- 13 annual paid holidays
- partial medical coverage
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply submit cover letter, resume, writing sample and two letters of reference to CR/PWSMA PO Box 199 Cordova, AK 99574 by September 30, 2016 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls or drop ins.
Visit www.copperriversalmon.org for details about the Copper River Prince William Sound Marketing Association. Visit www.copperriversalmon.org and www.soundsalmon.org to learn more about our premium salmon brands. Check us out on all the usual social channels to get to know us even better.