American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women's health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Continuing Professional Development Department to organize and facilitate the retention of continuing medical education documentation required for accreditation.
- Provides support for all aspects of jointly provided activities for approximately 70 jointly provided CME programs under ACOG's accreditation.
- Recruits new non-educational partners for the Jointly-Provided Program.
- Maintains the ACOG database for approximately 70 jointly provided programs.
- Supplies written summary of evaluation data to the non-accredited partner.
- Monitors compliance with the Standards for Commercial Support according to ACCME and ACOG Policy. Oversees faculty disclosure of conflict of interest.
- Applies for grants for jointly provided programs. Prepares letters of agreement (LOA) between ACOG and industry for educational grants.
- Maintains CME webpage on ACOG website.
- Reviews syllabi material for jointly provided programs.
- Keeps abreast of state and ACCME requirements to structure the Cognate Program to accommodate the continuing medical education needs of members participating in the Program. Provides yearly report to the ACCME.
- Reviews and researches transcripts of CME activity to answer inquiries from participating physicians.
- Interprets, edits, and enters cognate data into the computer. Researches questionable entries and composes correspondence.
- Prepares and mails all ACM certificates upon request.
- Collects and reviews disclosure forms.
- Assists with preparation of the Annual Committee on Continuing Medical Education (CCME) Meeting
- Proof reads department materials, prepares meeting minutes, maintains expense report database, and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Assists with the College's Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Assists with securing grants for the Annual Meeting and Annual District Meetings.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field is required
- Minimum of five to seven years of relevant experience is required; Association experience is a plus
- A self-directed and motivated individual, able to work without close supervision
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Possess editorial skills and be able to work accurately
- Ability to perform detailed work under strict deadline requirements
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow, working on several assignments from different sources
- Experienced in computer applications/Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Publisher, Internet, and Website applications
Minimum Education Required