The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (PRIMARY CARE INFORMATION PROJECT)
The Primary Care Information Project (PCIP), a bureau within the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), is devoted to improving population health by supporting and promoting primary care for all New Yorkers. PCIP operates the New York City Regional Electronic Adoption Center for Health (NYC REACH) by assisting New York City providers through quality improvement and other support services focusing on the efficient use of electronic health records (EHRs), such as Meaningful Use support, revenue cycle management, and data security. To find out more about this ground-breaking project visit us at www.nycreach.org.
In collaboration with FPHNYC, PCIP is seeking an External Relations Coordinator to serve as an initial point of contact to inform and educate NYC healthcare providers about a wide-range of healthcare transformation programs and additional services NYC REACH offers. This position reports to the External Relations Manager.
- Educate community providers about NYC REACH and ongoing healthcare transformation programs
- Assist in creating and disseminating outreach materials to recruit providers to join the NYC REACH network and participate in a variety of programs; such as developing marketing materials and FAQ documents, and disseminating NYC REACH membership contracts
- Work closely with the Communications and External Relations team and NYC REACH field teams to help reach healthcare providers and partners (health systems, medical societies, payers, etc.) to implement outreach strategies
- Support the execution of NYC REACH webinars, events and trainings (e.g. develop and edit presentations; assist with on-site and virtual event logistics)
- Collect and process NYC REACH membership enrollment paperwork through Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Conduct phone calls and email outreach to recruit practices for NYC REACH programs and initiatives
- Assist in correspondence management of all inquiries received in PCIP’s public communication channels and route requests, comments and issues to the appropriate resource
- One to two years full time experience in public health, outreach, sales, or marketing
- Excellent attention to detail and strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to disseminate information clearly and concisely with providers and colleagues and work well with all levels of management
- Must have working knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point
- Bachelor’s degree
- Willing to travel within the 5 boroughs and be available occasionally nights and weekends for events
- Experience working with physicians in the clinical setting or insurance companies
- Knowledge of Meaningful Use, Patient-Centered Medical Home, and other healthcare transformation programs
- Experience with Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and Cisco Webex
There is potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position, to email@example.com indicating “External Relations Coordinator _your name” in subject line.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.