Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
7500 Beechnut St Ste 208
Faith In Practice is an ecumenical Christian, not-for-profit, medical mission organization. The mission of Faith In Practice is to improve the physical, spiritual, and economic conditions of the poor in Guatemala through short-term medical, surgical, and dental mission trips and related educational programs.
The Fundraising Coordinator provides comprehensive support to the Fundraising & Communications Team, assisting the team with a wide range of internal and external communications. This person is the first point of contact for the organization’s volunteer fundraising program, provides technical support externally with the organization’s online fundraising platform, and works closely with the Communications Coordinator to assist in the creation of volunteer, fundraising, event, and development resources. This is an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a wide range of nonprofit communications and development disciplines. A high attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and ability to multitask a must.
Qualifications: A bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of experience required. A high attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and ability to multitask a must. Strong communications and customer service skills also required. Candidates with a heart for mission strongly encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Serve as the first point of contact for volunteers with questions about Classy, the online platform for our peer-to-peer fundraising program.
- Field requests and troubleshoot issues, which may include the following:
- Reset volunteer passwords as needed (working with Classy),
- Merge or reassign accounts as needed,
- Assist volunteers with personalizing pages (changing text, uploading photos),
- Work with accounting to flag gifts that are linked to wrong individual/campaign,
- Ensure consistency between Classy and Salesforce reports.
- Provide weekly Share The Mission reports to the Fundraising and Communications Director and give fundraising updates weekly in staff meetings.
- Under the direction of the Fundraising and Communications Manager, work with the Communications Coordinator to update the content of the Share The Mission Toolkit and brochure annually.
- Provide communications support to the Share The Mission program, including building team fundraising pages, templates for individual fundraising pages, and sample Share The Mission communication.
- Regularly communicate with volunteers and team leaders to encourage and support them in their fundraising efforts, and provide fundraising updates to Guatemala staff for each team’s in-country orientation.
- Manage the fundraising brochures, which will include the following:
- Send out brochures as requested,
- Manage brochure quantities and ensure we retain enough stock.
- Project manage organization’s monthly giving program, under the supervision of the Fundraising & Communications Director which includes:
- Maintaining a regular communications schedule with monthly donors
- Regularly reporting on program status
- Working with Fundraising & Communications Manager to produce resources specifically for monthly giving program
- Pulling prospect reports from Salesforce for review by CEO, using specified criteria
- Have strong working knowledge of volunteer database functions, queries, and reports.
- Pull development reports, as well as mailing lists for print and electronic communications.
- Print and gather info table resources for events.
- Pack Communications box(es) for events.
- Manage quantities of Faith In Practice letterhead and other stationery.
- Update info packets as needed and ensure sufficient quantities are kept on hand.
- Assist in archiving printed and electronic resources on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in producing volunteer, fundraising, and event-related communications as needed.
- Answer phones and respond to general inquiries.
- Provide support and 2-3 events annually.
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer PTO (paid time off); medical, dental, and vision insurance; and 401k retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required