Details: Commensurate with experience
111 John Street
Position: Assistant Project Manager
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
About Habitat for Humanity New York City:
Founded in 1984 as an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, Habitat NYC constructs new or renovates existing homes in the five boroughs of New York City for affordable housing by families in need. Our mission is to transform lives by building quality homes with families in need and by uniting all New Yorkers around the cause of affordable housing.
The Assistant Project Manager will work with the Project Managers on all activities relating to project planning, execution and close out phases. Furthermore, the Assistant Project Manager is responsible for working with the Project Managers to ensure that all assigned projects are delivered successfully.
- Provide support for real estate underwriting, construction loan closings and warranty
- Develop and maintain project management tools (budgets, schedules, action lists, etc.)
- Record and distribute minutes in development-related meetings as required
- Participate in design team and construction meetings
- Coordinate with design team, expediter, and site supervisor to efficiently procure permits from multiple agencies
- Request and review vendor proposals and contracts and verify all subcontractors insurance are in place
- Assist the project manager in updating project schedules
- Prepare and place purchase orders
- Track sub-contractors work against the schedule.
- Review subcontractor requisitions and prepare requisitions
- Process vendor invoices and prepare internal requests for payment
- Maintain, scheduling (attending as needed) and tracking of building inspections and appointments with special inspectors, municipal agencies, and utility companies as directed by the Project Manager
- Prepare requests for proposals/qualifications (RFPs/RFQs) for architects, third party vendors, and subcontractors
- Compile subcontractor contract packages (including insurance, schedule, schedule of values, etc.)
- Prepare and submit submittals, Requests for Information (RFIs), and other construction documentation
- Prepare bid levelling sheets, and manage bid evaluation
- General clerical as required
- Conduct site visits as required
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 2 year related work experience
- Very high level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment is a must
- Proficiency with computers; Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook)
Habitat for Humanity New York City is committed to a policy if equal opportunity in all its activities and programs including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality. Or ethnic, origin, citizenship status religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical handicap, veteran, or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Excellent Benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Assistant Project Resume - [Your Name] in the Subject line.