This position assists in maintaining a safe environment, enforces all pool rules and follows all required emergency procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Along with Aquatics Director/Head Lifeguard, assist in maintaining a safe environment, in accordance with all safety standards. Enforce all pool rules and be familiar with all emergency procedures.
- Assist in implementing developmentally appropriate activities, including assistance with swim lessons for various age groups.
- Assist in the supervision and discipline of campers participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
- Participate in collaborative programs, events, and field trips with staff from other clubhouse groups, staff from other BGCB clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate.
- Secure and maintain materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a safe and clean program area(s).
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed.
- Other related duties as specified by the Aquatics Director.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand)
- Must be 16+ years of age.
- Current American Red Cross CPR, First Aid and Advanced Lifesaving certification required.
- Experience as a lifeguard preferred; at minimum, experience working with children/youth.
- Knowledge of youth development principles.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.