Geography Based: Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee
The National MS Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. In 2015, the Society invested over $50 million to advance more than 380 research projects around the world in order to stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost, and end MS forever. Through our comprehensive nationwide network of services, we helped more than one million people affected by MS connect to the people, information, and resources needed to live their best lives. The Society funds more research than any other organization in the world. We raise more than $165 million through fundraising events such as Bike MS and Walk MS. We engage more than 500,000 volunteers through our fundraising events. More than 318,000 individuals donate more than $33 million each year.
Pivotal to the Society's fundraising efforts is support and engagement from the corporate community. Corporate partners are changing the world for people affected by MS in a number of ways: through corporate sponsorships, corporate gifts and grants, fundraising teams, matching gifts, employee volunteerism grants, workplace giving and more. In 2015, corporate support of the Society was approximately $23 million or roughly 11% of the Society's total annual revenue not including additional dollars raised through corporate fundraising teams.
Under the direction of the Director, Corporate Relations, the Manager, Corporate Relations has responsibility for planning and implementing an aggressive fundraising strategy with major corporations in identified territory. Strong focus will be placed on acquisition of national sponsors and national corporate teams, including generating cause-related marketing alliances from new corporate prospects, by engaging high level volunteer board members in accessing their networks to open doors. Strong emphasis will be placed on managing major corporate accounts to ensure deliverables are met, while building and renewing corporate sponsor pool. Activities also include solicitation of corporate sponsorships for special events and active participation in a high-functioning, highly collaborative results-oriented development team.
Covering multiple states and markets within their territory of responsibilities, the Manager, Corporate Relations will also provide support and guidance to Development staff, including Bike MS and Walk MS, with accountability to corporate sponsor development to ensure familiarity with strategic direction, resources, tools and training, and to provide advice and counsel.
1. Corporate relationship management
· Develops and implements aggressive solicitation of corporate support; develops and maintains knowledge of corporate giving interests, staff and trends, with emphasis on national / multi-market partnership opportunities
· Responsible for meeting annual corporate fundraising goals for renewals and new business
· Develops, manages and evaluates strategic alliances with corporations
· Function as an integral member of Corporate Relations team; assists in all areas including planning, solicitation, implementation and evaluation
· Serves as contact for customer service issues for corporate partners, handling directly or forwarding to appropriate resource(s) for resolution
· Responsible for managing and cultivating an existing corporate relationship portfolio, working with internal staff and external partners to identify national sponsor pipeline of existing sponsors
· Works with appropriate internal Account Manager, Corporate Relations, Development and Marketing staff to ensure fulfillment and execution of corporate sponsor benefits and recognition as agreed
· Works closely with appropriate internal staff and corporate partner/sponsor to outline expectations, communication plan, and timeline for partnership fulfillment and logistics
· Supports corporate volunteerism activities and identification of corporate leads through volunteer network, including establishing Corporate Committees in collaboration with Presidents / Executive Directors in identified markets, relationship development with volunteer leads, speaking and networking at corporate functions, dissemination of information, onsite hosting, recognition and more
· Manages corporate partnerships and relationships onsite, ensuring fulfillment of sponsor obligations and cultivating and stewarding relationships as appropriate including introductions to staff and volunteer leadership, facilitating corporate networking opportunities and more
· Works closely with Corporate Director and Manager colleagues to identify companies with opportunities for expansion into additional markets, series-wide, or new areas of Society support or engagement
· Works closely with the Corporate Pharmaceutical Relations team to further develop and support industry relationships, working within Society guidelines and principles surrounding industry engagement
· Utilizes standardized business processes, policies, guidelines, and tools to manage corporate partners relationships
· Manage receipt and reporting for all sponsorship-related activities, including any pre-determined expense reduction areas (in-kind partnerships) in collaboration with the Account Manager, Corporate Relations
· Works closely with Director, Teams to assist in the stewardship and cultivation in national corporate teams, including serving as the Relationship Lead, Strategist or Team Member when appropriate
2. Corporate relationship acquisition, pipeline development
· Manages the identification, acquisition, and cultivation of new national corporate relationships and revenue, including national / multi-market sponsors and national corporate teams, within an assigned territory area
· Leverages Society information and resources (staff, reporting, subscriptions, etc.) to research prospects and make outreach and engagement
· Works closely with Presidents / Executive Directors and Development staff within territory to network and identify pipeline to national sponsors or national corporate teams through relationship expansion
· Collaborates with Presidents / Executive Directors and volunteer leadership (i.e., trustee, corporate volunteers, team captains, donor relations committees) in identified markets to expand Society corporate relationships; facilitates development of and manages Corporate Committees in identified markets
· Establishes exploratory / discovery meetings with prospective corporate contacts to understand company goals and determine areas of engagement with Society (i.e., teams, sponsorship, volunteerism, in-kind, etc.)
· Develops partnership proposals based on opportunity and interests and utilizing Society corporate templates and branded materials
· Negotiate sponsor benefits, investments, and secure support of national sponsorship and national corporate teams
· Ensures staff support for national corporate team cultivation -- work in tandem as part of relationship management team and in collaboration with Director, Teams
· Attend various networking activities to cultivate new corporate relationships and revenue
3. Staff support and guidance
· Acts as a resource/consultant to Development staff, including Bike MS and Walk MS, with accountability to sponsorship within territory to ensure alignment with strategic direction, familiarity with resources, tools and training development
· Train and lead Development staff within territory on the corporate development process to ensure familiarity and role all staff play in expanding relationships
Must demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the cultural values, mission, and vision of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
· Minimum of BA/BS or equivalent and 5 years of demonstrated successful resource development, sales and/or account management experience; successful track record with planning, managing and initiating corporate relationships is essential; experience developing cause marketing campaigns and working with high level corporate representatives and volunteer Board members is a plus.
· Proficiency in prioritizing tasks; ability to think strategically; strong project and time management skills; excellent verbal and written presentation skills; superior interpersonal and communication skills required (oral and written); problem resolution skills and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office. Demonstrated high standards of ethics and integrity. Must be a self starter with strong leadership, management, and communication skills. Ability to build and manage project budgets is required. Ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives at one time, as well as proactively troubleshoot challenges. Ability to understand and articulate Society objectives and priorities and connect that to partner interests.
· Travel estimated at 35-40% required (can be 8 -10 days or more in a month - including weekends - depending upon scheduling requirements). The Manager, Corporate Relations position must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to navigate areas of the country by using a map or other direction methods. Ability to travel by car and airplane.
· Ability to create relationships and collaborate with corporate representation and internally with Society staff across departments and among leadership.
· Ability to track corporate partnership revenue and budget expenditures and report status is essential.
· Microsoft Office Suite, Database Management Software, Convio, Customer Relationship Management Database
· Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
· This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
· Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by applying directly to the job posting located on our company website: