100 Corporate Pointe
Kidsave gives children from orphanages and foster care, weekends and vacations with host families who help kids find adoptive families. We are a nonprofit agency with a for-profit operational style. Kidsave is a small organization that depends heavily on volunteers and partnerships to build replicable programs for moving children into adoptive families and meaningful relationships with trusted adults.
The Summer Miracles Program brings orphaned children to the United States for a five week stay during the summer with a host family. During that time, host families and Kidsave advocate to identify adoptive families for the children. In addition to operating the program during summer, children may travel at other times of the year including the winter holiday season.
The Kidsave Summer Miracles Program Manager is responsible for all day‐to‐day aspects of the program, including but not limited to recruitment and management of host families and volunteer coordinators, fundraising nationally and in local communities, management of in-country coordinator, management of program communications, management and tracking of youth and family files and measurement of program outcomes. The position involves weekday evening orientation and training events and weekend/holiday recruitment and advocacy activities, particularly during the summer period.
We are looking for a dynamic, outgoing and experienced manager to lead the Summer Miracles Program and continue to help Colombian children find adoptive families in the United States.
- Community Development & Engagement – Recruit, train and engage volunteer coordinator for each community and work closely with this individual to build a volunteer leadership team. The volunteer coordinator and team are responsible for fundraising locally, recruiting families, managing summer events, handling local inquiries and coordinating day to day needs with local and visiting families. The Program Manager will drive this activity with each volunteer coordinator to motivate the community to fundraising targets and program success. This will require the Program Manager to travel to new and existing communities for recruitment, training, and development. Key to success will be the Program Manager providing the volunteer coordinator with all the necessary tools and materials for fundraising and family management.
- Family Management – Initial point of contact for interested families. Act as liaison between volunteer coordinator and families for orientations, applications, fees and ongoing communication. Ensure all family paperwork is completed and sent to in-country coordinator. Review family assessments and manage tracking of all family information and required paperwork. Manage skype conversations between children and families prior to visit. Manage and track visiting families to ensure protocols are adhered to and visiting families are supported.
- Child Advocacy – Serve as the primary advocate for the children. Ensure that advocacy efforts are implemented for each child in the program.
- Issue Management – Manage any program, family or child issue that arises and involve the program director, in-country coordinator, social workers, chaperones, or officials as needed. Put in place program improvements to avoid future crisis or repeat issues.
- Communications – Manage program communications and outreach efforts including print, website and social media, blogs, webinars and updates regarding children participating in the program, events and activities. This will include writing bios, coordinating videos and photos and working with program alumni/ambassadors.
- In-Country liaison – Serve as primary liaison with coordinator/partner on program elements including child referrals, child preparation, etc. Review child assessments (English/Spanish), ensure all referrals are complete and track all potential program participants.
- Logistics - Follow up with in-country coordinator to ensure all travel logistics for participants and chaperones are completed in a timely and organized fashion. Organize medical coverage for all child participants.
- Events – Attend all Southern California events and ensure all community and child specific advocacy events are always done in the best interests of the child(ren).
- Ongoing Program Monitoring & Reporting – Ensure that weekly family reports are completed, and any issues are responded to in a timely manner. Refer issues to appropriate social workers, chaperones, director or officials as needed. Manage weekly status reports with volunteer coordinators.
-Volunteers & Interns – Screen, orient, train and supervise Summer Miracles interns and volunteers
- Monitor & Analyze Results – Work closely with Associate Director of Operations to manage data collection to track outcomes, enable evaluation and marketing of results.
- General Fundraising - Participate in advocacy and fundraising activities necessary to fund program e.g. gala, concerts, luncheons, golf tournaments, raffles etc.
- Expansion - Work with the VP Family Visit Programs in developing partnerships with placement agencies to expand the program to new countries, and to make improvements to program and protocols to facilitate expansion, replication, and sustainability.
Full benefit package: health, dental/vision, life, 401K.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish and English Required.
Minimum Education Required