100 Venture Way
We are seeking a team leader to head up a cross-functional VentureWell team dedicated to the Frontier Set, a key initiative of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s postsecondary education strategy. Frontier Set is a network of 29 higher education institutions and 2 state systems focused on closing attainment gaps so that white and non-white students graduate at the same rate and student outcomes are improved across the board. VentureWell is a key partner for the Frontier Set and is responsible for working with sites, intermediaries, and support partners to capture and share learnings, momentum, and connections.
- Lead the development, execution, and monitoring of VentureWell’s Frontier Set program goals and strategy.
- Manage and work with other VentureWell (VW) senior program officers to design, refine and update roles, strategies, milestones, and activities.
- Maintains strong relationships with BMGF Program Officers and related staff in order to communicate how the program is being managed (including monthly and annual reporting, budget updates, project calendar and network evolution roadmap)
- Provide leadership to the cross-functional members of the team (departments) to ensure evaluation, marketing and communications, IT, events, and finance team plans so they align with programmatic goals and strategy.
- Ensure the work of the VW Frontier Set team aligns with goals, strategy, and milestones, and remains on budget and on schedule.
- Communicate any changes in Frontier Set scope, staffing needs, etc. to the VW Senior Leadership Team and BMGF.
- Independently explore and initiate new funding relationships and new revenue-generating activities from BMGF and/or related to this body of work.
- Designs and facilitates effective program meetings to ensure that data, information, and resources are shared in order to achieve optimal program results.
- Advanced degree and 10+ years experience in managing large, complex, dynamic programs
- Significant experience managing financial and staff resources in a matrixed environment
- Excellent strategic planning and change management skills
- Experience managing funder and stakeholder relationships and expectations
- Experience with network-enabled change, network weaving and social learning approaches.
- Some experience developing digital products (or requirements for digital products) preferred.
- Experience managing and driving the customization of CRM software required, Salesforce experience preferred.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with an ability to articulate and synthesize information in a compelling and organized manner; Effective and skilled presenter
- Ability to extract key information and data to solve problems and inform decision making
- Ability to succeed and thrive in an environment with competing and changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Track record of and ability to build solid, collaborative working relationships; strong team player who enjoys “customer service”
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work
- Highly adaptable and comfortable working with a degree of ambiguity
- Ability to understand and apply appropriate tools and technologies used in the workplace; ease with adapting new technologies as needed
- High degree of digital fluency using cloud-based office tools such as GSuite, CRM’s, team collaboration tools, and other web-based applications; ability to incorporate these tools into day to day work
- Strong and effective leadership skills with experience managing teams, resources, staff professional development; ability to facilitate problem solving and have challenging conversations with positive outcomes.
VentureWell offers great benefits including 4 weeks paid vacation in addition to paid sick time and holidays, health and disability insurance, and a generous 403(b) savings plan (up to a 10% VentureWell contribution). Not to mention free coffee and a Bevi in our kitchen!
Minimum Education Required