434 Harrison Avenue
Pine Street Inn is seeking several case managers to work with its congregate housing residents, men and women who have been chronically homeless. Pine Street owns and operates congregate homes in Dorchester, Jamaica Plain, Brookline, and other Boston neighborhoods.
Congregate Housing provides comprehensive, intensive case management support to homeless and chronically homeless individuals in housing using the Housing First Model promoting long-term stability in housing and the end
of homelessness in the Boston area.
The Congregate Housing Case Manager works as part of an intensive case management team serving tenants who may be experiencing untreated mental illness, active drug and alcohol addiction, and other major health challenges. The Case Manager uses a Harm Reduction, Trauma Informed approach to working with participants, including the utilization of Stages of Change Theory and Motivational Interviewing techniques.
The Case Manager is responsible for a specific caseload of tenants, and also for collaborating with other Congregate Housing staff on program-wide efforts to stabilize and promote the individual growth of all Congregate Housing tenants. Additional case management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assisting tenants with all required program documentation; assisting tenants with obtaining benefits, health care, educational opportunities, employment opportunities, and legal aid; supporting the development of tenants’ activities of daily living skills and creating individual service plans with tenants, and maintaining all necessary documentation.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong written communication skills
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Experience working with individuals experiencing substance abuse, mental illness, trauma, homelessness and/or other complex disorders
- Strong commitment to learning and using Harm Reduction and Motivational Interviewing skills in order to promote improved behavioral health among tenants
- Knowledge of effective Crisis Intervention techniques and ability to respond appropriately in crisis situations
- Experience working as part of a team
- Ability to access different building locations and program sites via vehicle, public transit, and by foot in varied weather conditions
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of weight
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and use computer, calculator, fax, copier and other office equipment
PAY: $17.00 DOE
Pine Street Inn offers dental, health, and vision insurance to all full time employees, as well as a basic life insurance policy, short and long-term disability insurance. Employees have generous paid time off, and can participate in a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish preferred but not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume reflecting your human services experience, and a cover letter expressing interest.