ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Futures and Options is growing, and we are looking to add a brand new position on our program team – Alumni Engagement Coordinator – in order to provide high-quality support to alumni of our flagship programs.
Since 1995, Futures and Options has empowered New York City's underserved youth to explore careers through career development and paid, mentored internships. We reach out to teens at a formative time of their lives, guiding them to further their education and become contributing citizens. Our model program enables New York's underserved youth to gain much-needed access to the economic mainstream, work-readiness training and support from caring adults. At the same time, businesses are connected to a pipeline of promising, motivated and diverse young people. Our flagship programs include:
The Internship Program
The Internship Program provides paid, mentored internships, and career development training workshops to high school juniors and seniors. Students acquire hands-on professional experience, gaining entry to small businesses, nonprofits, government agencies, and multinational corporations.
This career-readiness program provides basic preparation for the work world as well as the opportunity for students to practice and improve their interpersonal and communication skills and learn workplace etiquette. The program also includes career exploration activities and field trips.
Futures and Options is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic alumni engagement coordinator as part of our expanding program team. The alumni engagement coordinator will work closely with our team to open the doors for underserved youth to achieve meaningful professional careers and provide the business community with a trained, educated and diverse young workforce. Specifically, the alumni engagement coordinator will develop strong relationships with alumni of our flagship programs in order to increase our high school and college students’ engagement in programmatic offerings and help them matriculate to and succeed in college and postsecondary education and work towards our ultimate goal of a stable professional career.
Responsibilities will include collaborating with the executive director, the program director, and other members of the program team to develop and implement a comprehensive alumni engagement strategy that supports our alumni from high school through post-secondary education, and on to careers with family-sustaining income levels. The alumni engagement coordinator will be responsible for:
- Working with program team to ensure students’ seamless transition from flagship programs into appropriate alumni programs
- Develop a plan to recruit the designated number of student participants to our high school and college programs
- Provide alumni participants with personalized guidance, information, and reminders about program events
- Deliver phone-based and in-person supports for high school F+O alumni, supporting them as they prepare for and tackle issues related to college applications, financial aid, and college matriculation
- Deliver phone-based and in-person supports for college F+O alumni as they adjust to the demands of freshman year, choose their courses, select their majors, seek internships and jobs, and determine their career paths after graduation
- Track students participation, education progress, and job history
- Work with business partners and volunteers to provide interactive career-readiness opportunities for students to practice and hone their skills, explore career opportunities, and build professional networks.
- Maintain Futures and Options standards of excellence for all programs, ensuring high-quality implementation.
- Ongoing program development and innovation using a comprehensive approach that integrates the fields of youth development, education, career-readiness and exploration, and college guidance.
- Collaborate with the development team to share the Futures and Options story through social media, video, and other marketing platforms.
- Ensure programs operate in compliance with funding sources so that intended results are achieved.
- Meeting quantitative program growth goals.
- Monitor trends, best practices pertaining to youth workforce development, career-readiness, college attainment and persistence.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2-3 years of work experience in education, youth services, human services, or related field.
- A strong commitment to the mission of Futures and Options.
- A high degree of personal and professional integrity: a strong role model for youth.
- Experience developing relationships with youth of different backgrounds and abilities.
- A resourceful style with the ability to work independently, take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Comfort in a fast‐paced, changing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written and verbal communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- An ability to network and build alliances.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of MS Office, including advanced Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Alumni Engagement Coordinator” as the subject line.
No phone calls. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Futures and Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer.