1225 I St, NW
District of Columbia
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI, and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
The Procurement Manager supervises the procurement team.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in federal government contract administration and grant management.
- Working knowledge of accounting and budgeting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead, work independently, and within a team.
- Proven organizational skills, and a capacity to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manages subawards, contracts, and vetting processes from pre-award to close-out
- Develops and implements internal policies, processes and mechanisms for procurement of goods and services
- Facilitates the move to electronic submission and processing of documents
- Works with IRI counsel, Director of Finance and compliance staff to revise and keep current agreement templates
- Organizes work, sets priorities and determines resource requirements for the Procurement Team in working with program staff in DC and the field, and in completing tasks designated to the procurement team
- Reviews all subaward, and contract packages over $3,500 after selection/before signature
- Reviews and approve all lease contract packages
- Trains staff on procurement processes and serve as a resource as they develop procurement plans and scopes
- of work
- Trains subaward recipients on agreement requirements as needed, ensuring proper use of IRI funds
- Review and approve subaward financial reports, payments and close outs for compliance with GAAP, funder
- and IRI regulations
- Oversees input and maintenance of Distribution module in JAMIS Prime
- Audits subawardees for compliance with financial and funder requirements when necessary
- Plans, administers, and monitors Procurement team expenditures to ensure cost-effective support of program initiatives
- Develops and monitor long- and short-term goals and strategies for Procurement team in line with IRI’s goals and mission
- Coordinates with other departments in the organization to accomplish goals and evaluate outcomes
- Prepares audit schedules related to subawards and contracts
- Prepares a variety of management reports and narratives on IRI’s procurement and accounting practices for submission to auditors and funders
- Analyzes current systems and resources and work with staff to determine appropriate steps to optimize resources and department efficiency
- Serves as a resource for staff in planning for opening and closing programs
- Advises program staff on preparation of proposal budgets and narratives, ensuring consistent language and performing cost realism analysis
- Assists program staff with procurement plans during capture management phase of proposal preparations
- Assists the program leadership with resolving internal weaknesses and streamlining the program management processes on procurement.
- During IRI external audits, liaises with auditors, prepare responses, and coordinate document review and collection related to procurement.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through our website: