The Leadership Initiatives Manager’s role is meant for someone who is interested in an exciting opportunity to both sustain and grow with an emerging department within an established organization. This role will support the implementation of the Chamber’s existing Leadership Initiative efforts which include: three cohort based programs - Executive Leadership Institute, Boston’s Future Leaders, and Women’s Leadership Program, the production of up to 10 standalone programs annually, annual leadership forum with 300 attendees, a cadre of 1500 alumni, and future opportunities being conceptualized now. This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day programmatic implementation and contribute to the broader strategic direction of this expanding department. This role is designed for someone who is passionate about continuous learning. has a strong background in event management, interest in the Greater Boston business community, experience in professional development, strong relationship skills, and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop relationships with Chamber member HR professionals to share program opportunities for employees.
- Further hone our enrollment processes to recruit for our cohort based leadership classes with a focus on attracting classes that are diverse in gender, race, industry, and position.
- Identify new audiences and clients for our leadership programs.
- Partner with director to curate cohort based curricula and produce 50 events per year. This position will manage logistics including cohort coordination, speaker research and outreach, content delivery, hotel logistics, set-up, and follow-up.
- Facilitate connections among cohorts through various platforms including LinkedIn, event summaries, introductions, and in person meetings.
- Deliver outstanding programs with attention to detail, focus on providing compelling content, and creating an outstanding member experience.
- Coordinate with Communications/Marketing team on leadership communications and marketing.
- Contribute to budget oversight for all programmatic events focusing on increasing revenue and controlling expenses.
- Maintain accurate records in our internal contact management system.
- Maintain working knowledge of administrative systems, equipment, procedures and processes used by the Chamber and make recommendations/changes for improvement.
- Facilitate evaluations for program improvements.
- Hone our efforts in re-engaging alumni through alumni specific events, outreach, and programs.
- Lead efforts for recruitment and coordination of speakers for annual Leadership Forum.
- Contribute to expansion plans for leadership programs into new areas and audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, plus 3-5 years of experience in event management required.
- Strong interest in program design and implementation, developing learning communities and relationship building
- Passionate about our leadership participant’s success and seeks to achieve extraordinary results through tenacious and creative problem solving
- Energized by connecting with people and able to empathize to support their learning and growth
- Passionate about continual improvement of processes and programs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong presentation, written, and interpersonal skills
- Superior time management skills with ability to multitask and focus on multiple projects and a flexible attitude
- Willingness to “hit the ground running” and take part in a rapid onboarding process
- Excellent computer skills, specifically in Word, Excel, PPT and database management
The Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, creed, ancestry, color, national origin, age, physical or mental handicap, veteran's status, or sexual orientation. The Chamber aims to provide a work environment conducive to mutual respect and freedom from harassment.
Competitive healthcare benefits
Paid time off, sick time, and personal days
401k with employer match
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please provide a resume and cover letter to Caitlin Fisher: email@example.com.