2440 West El Camino Real
Reporting to the Senior Philanthropy Advisor, this position is responsible for providing administrative and strategic support to members of the donor engagement and services team in their work to provide best in class comprehensive advisory services for donors.
• Serve as a member of the Donor Engagement and Services team and as a representative of SVCF in our work to deliver a world-class experience to our donors and colleagues.
• Provide comprehensive strategic, logistical and administrative support for numerous donor events throughout the year.
• Serve as a member of the My Giving Team, assisting donors with administering grants and gifts from their funds.
• Support the work of philanthropy advisors to administer a portfolio of over 1000 individual donors and families.
• Provide comprehensive administrative support, including the production of spreadsheets, reports, presentations, drafting of meeting minutes and other written communications.
• Serve as backup for front-line customer support to donors seeking assistance with our online system, providing clear and timely responses to inquiries by phone and email.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and the equivalent of at least three years of office experience strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to service, excellence and discretion with highly sensitive and confidential data.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication and customer support skills.
• Attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
• Computer fluency with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications, preferably Blackbaud, Financial Edge, Granted Edge.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work with diverse people and in multicultural environments.
• Ability to approach situations and challenges with a sense of humor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics and the physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
About Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Silicon Valley Community Foundation advances innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems. As the largest community foundation in the world, we engage donors and corporations from Silicon Valley, across the country and around the globe to make our region and world better for all. Our passion for helping people and organizations achieve their philanthropic dreams has created a global philanthropic enterprise committed to the belief that possibilities start here. Learn more at siliconvalleycf.org.
Application deadline: open until filled.
Silicon Valley Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
SVCF does not pursue sponsorship of work visas for foreign nationals.
Minimum Education Required