Details: SALARY Competitive mid-level salary and benefits package offered.
530 West 166th Street
JOB POSTING: Product Owner
Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners seeks a dynamic, collaborative, and creative Product Owner to lead our product team in the design and development of financial tools that will empower and improve the lives of low-income households. Neighborhood Trust has recently launched a small scrum team that is developing and iterating on applications with a goal of scaling Neighborhood Trust’s financial empowerment services in innovative and efficient ways, while proving impact and value to the customer. The ideal candidate for this role will be ready to assume a mid-level position in an exciting business-focused social service non-profit and comes to the position with 2-5 years of financial or social services experience with product ownership or agile methodology and a desire to play an important role in supporting the development of financial counseling products that can be deployed by employers remotely to serve the needs of low and middle income employees.
ABOUT NEIGHBORHOOD TRUST
Neighborhood Trust’s mission is to empower low-income individuals to become productive participants in the U.S. financial system and achieve their financial goals. Neighborhood Trust serves 7,000 clients each year via its elite corps of Financial Counselors and is an industry leader in the financial inclusion field. We are cultivating our model as a scalable social venture that incubates technology-led financial services innovations for low-wage workers. We are growing quickly with strong support from leading foundations and strategic partnerships helping us achieve national scale. In 2015, we were an inaugural winner of JP Morgan Chase’s Financial Solutions Lab challenge and the only non-profit organization awarded.
- Collaborate closely with subject-matter experts (counselors, program managers, sales, etc.) and project teams to translate client, customer, business and technical needs and priorities into user stories
- Work with program managers and stakeholders in reviewing data, reports on user behavior, and user research to derive insights that can be used to create new product opportunities or features
- Own, build, groom, refine, maintain, and provide visibility of the team backlog with input from key stakeholders
- Lead the agile / scrum team through prioritization, testing, and release of new features
- Capture and define requirements and translate those requirements such that architects and engineers can successfully design and code in accordance with user needs
- Refine and adapt the product vision; create internal buy-in for the product vision
- Responsible for translating technical jargon to train internal teams and key stakeholders on product features with an emphasis on how the features translate to business benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years of relevant experience in product design/management
- Experience in project management in an agile environment
- Strong knowledge of or experience with Salesforce CRM
- Understanding of how Web technology is implemented to be able to write detailed technical requirements, like API integration details
- Ability to translate client/business needs into specific product requirements
- A desire to work in an environment where priorities change as we learn
- Driven to understand complex problems and enthusiastic about developing and testing innovative solutions
- An excellent communicator and facilitator; comfortable working across departments and with organization directors and executives
- Excellent writing skills for multiple audiences: precision for technology staff and clarity for business users and counselors
- Knowledge of the financial capability field and efforts to help the financially underserved, including industry best practices for helping individuals improve their financial health
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Product Owner” in the subject line of the email.
Neighborhood Trust is committed to a workplace culture of collaboration and respect. We are dedicated to ongoing professional development for our employees, supporting career growth and opportunities for advancement within the organization. Neighborhood Trust is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.