Full Time Contract
One Bright Ray is seeking to fill a SpanishTeaching Position for the 2017-2018 school year.
The mission of One Bright Ray Community High School, an independent, accelerated high school, is to provide a quality education to Philadelphia’s, over-aged and under-credited students in search of a positive school experience while earning their diploma. We provide a supportive environment free of negative labels that challenges each student to explore his or her personal and academic potential through Project Based Learning. We engage in restorative practices to create healthy respectful relationships that foster productivity, a positive outlook, and high self-esteem. We provide a second chance, sometimes a last chance, for our students in their pursuit of a high school diploma.
Aspiring community members are those who are….
- Passionate about urban education
- Dedicated and willing to go above and beyond to meet the needs of our students
- Creative and flexible in creating cognitively engaging instruction that connects to real world opportunities
- Able to engage in an alternative approach to teaching and learning
- Patient with students who need additional support
- Open to developing their own reflective practices and to continue their own professional growth
- Willing and able to collaborate with others
Salary competitive and commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits are included for all full-time employees.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you at interested in joining our community, please send your cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 references.