Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) is a nationally recognized multiethnic nonprofit organization that provides award-winning services to refugee and immigrant women and their families in King and Snohomish Counties.
POSITION TITLE: Family Law Paralegal
PROGRAM: Domestic Violence
REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence Program Director
STATUS/PAY: Non-exempt Regular Full-Time (37.5hours per week)
SUMMARY: This position provides assistance to Family Law attorney in preparation of family law documents and paperwork including Protection Order, Parenting Plan, Child Support, and Dissolution cases. The paralegal will work closely with Family Law Attorney and DV Advocates on behalf of victims of domestic violence in the refugee and immigrant community to connect them with legal resources that they need to become self-sufficient and live from abuse and violence.
1. Provide initial intake and assessment as part of a client’s first meeting with the attorney.
2. Work with Family Law Attorney and Domestic Violence Victim’s Advocate to prepare standard documents such
as Protection Orders, Parenting Plan, Child Support, and Dissolution cases.
3. Work with Family Law Attorney to provide legal consultation to low-income refugee and immigrant victims of
domestic violence and sexual assault in matters of family violence, custody, visitation, child support, spousal
support, and dissolution cases.
4. Work with Family Law Attorney to provide consultation to Domestic Violence Victim Advocates regarding
applicable domestic violence and sexual assault laws.
5. Work with Domestic Violence Victim Advocates and other agency staff to facilitate clients’ access to intra-
agency and outside resources.
6. Review client files to insure accuracy of intake, case notes, and supporting documentation.
7. Attend staff meetings and trainings as requested by the Domestic Violence Program Director.
8. Other related duties as assigned by the Domestic Violence Program Director.
·Two or more years of recent experience working as a Paralegal in family law firm.
·Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
·Demonstrated ability to use sound independent judgment.
·Commitment to providing legal assistance to underserved communities.
·Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
·Respect for others’ experiences, opinions, language, values, culture, and knowledge.
·Commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
·Willingness to work flexible hours.
·WA state driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, 403(b) plan.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled .
Minimum Education Required