The Program Associate reports to the Directors of Pre School, Lower School and Middle School and works with all constituents – students, parents, and teachers - in the International School of Brooklyn community in support of the school's mission. The Program Associate is responsible for supporting the work of the Pre, Lower and Middle School Divisions with both short term and long term projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
● Screen phone calls for the Division Directors; respond to emails on their behalf as requested by them
● Retrieve guests who have appointments with the Division Directors from the reception area
● Manage schedules for the Division Directors; set up appointments for them as requested
● Manage general office supply orders for the school and special orders from teachers
● Ensure a welcoming, professional and clean office environment in the division offices
● Order, organize and distribute snack for students lower school and afterschool
● Order, distribute and mail CTP testing materials; update testing results using database set by Division Directors
SCHEDULES AND EVENTS
● Create and manage school's master class schedule
● Create and manage duties schedule; identify replacements as needed
● Maintain field trip schedule/calendar and class events on school database
● Arrange for travel and other logistics for school trips (local, domestic and abroad)
● Coordinate with school lunch provider regarding field trips, student issues, etc.
● Coordinate division events – order food, request setups, manage invitation lists, manage communications, organize childcare, etc.
● Manage logistics for assemblies, performances, and special events, including Literacy Week, Cultural Week and ISB Local Day of Service – includes rental needs, food needs, set up/clean up logistics, etc.
● Manage professional development registration and associated travel for faculty and division directors; track using system set up by Business Office
● Handle logistics for internal professional development program – coordinate with speakers, prepare schedules, materials, order food, setup needs, etc.
● Review and reconcile faculty attendance weekly with HR Coordinator (cross-referencing for absences due to professional development, PTO, etc.)
● Arrange for substitutes during faculty absences – both planned (conferences, meetings, etc.) and unplanned (illness)
● Maintain list of approved and vetted substitutes and materials need by substitutes; provide training for substitutes regarding school policies; approve substitute timesheets
● Other duties as assigned by the Directors of Pre School, Lower School or Middle School or Head of School
● Support the school, its mission, and leadership
Full benefits package offered
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish or French is a plus
Minimum Education Required