600 Swarthmore Avenue
About Senior Community Services:
Senior Community Services is a nonprofit agency founded in 1977 with a mission of ensuring that Delaware County residents enjoy positive aging. SCS is the largest provider of services to Delaware County's older residents and their families, operating four senior centers and providing a range of in-home services throughout the county.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Director of Advancement, the Associate Director of Advancement is responsible for assisting with the implementation of a multi-faceted development program, which includes foundation grants, annual giving, planned giving, major gifts, corporate sponsorship, and special event components.
Building on the existing fundraising program, the Associate Director of Advancement will identify priorities to broaden revenue sources and to build lasting donor relationships. The Associate Director of Advancement will also be involved in marketing and communications, as well as data, evaluation and outcome collection and reporting processes.
This position reports to the Director of Advancement and works closely with the Finance and Development Committees of the Board of Directors.
1. Assists with prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for engaging individual donors, foundations, and corporate sponsors.
2. Uses social media and the internet to connect with donors/prospects and raise visibility of SCS’ mission and programming.
3. Researches corporate and foundation funding sources and writes proposals, reports, acknowledgements, and other required material in a timely fashion.
4. Maintains grants calendar for current and pending proposals and reports.
6. Plans and implements special event fundraisers working with program managers, board members, and volunteers.
7. Acknowledges all gifts and oversees the maintenance and expansion of SCS’ database of supporters.
8. Oversees SCS’ electronic donor data base, ensuring accurate and up to date record keeping.
9. Collaborates with Management Team to ensure data and evaluations process supports outcome measures required for foundation grants.
10. Works closely with Director of Advancement, Finance and Development Committees, and the Executive Director to set goals and monitor fundraising activities.
11. Participate in SCS’ Marketing Committee and Technology Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in non-profit setting, as a volunteer or staff person.
- Excellent ability to plan, organize, and direct multiple projects.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Desire to provide an excellent customer service/donor experience.
- Understanding of, and passion for, the mission of SCS.
- Willingness and ability to articulate the mission and services of SCS and represent the organization in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Sound judgment, professionalism, and positive attitude.
- Self-directed, flexible, a team player, and a strategic thinker. Occasionally, events may fall on evenings or weekends.
- Willing and eager to learn, use technology to advance the organization, and embrace change as SCS’ development program advances.
- Previous experience working with donor tracking systems and relationship management software, such as DonorPerfect, a plus, especially with regard to gift and data entry and reporting.
- Previous experience with business/non-profit social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), online email services (such as MailChimp), and online survey programs (such as Survey Monkey).
- Knowledge of Delaware County, Southeastern PA, and the social service/aging field.
- Familiarity with grant writing/fundraising, proposal development and other types of professional writing.
Please email detailed resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Include Associate Director of Development in the subject line. Please, no phone calls.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include cover letter, resume, salary requirements and a writing sample.