Executive Director for the American Democracy Project (ADP)
- Job posted by American Association of State Colleges and Universities
1307 New York Ave NW
The American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU), a Washington, D.C.-based higher education organization, is seeking an Executive Director for the American Democracy Project (ADP), a civic and political engagement project for undergraduates in the 400 public universities that are members of AASCU.
ADP, celebrating its 15th anniversary, develops and manages programs to prepare undergraduates as informed, engaged citizens. Much of the work involves collaborating with faculty and staff from member universities, as well as with other national organizations and groups.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Deep knowledge of civic and political engagement
• Experience working in civic and political engagement education
• Prior or current work in an organization that supports and fosters greater political engagement
• Experience in higher education programs and structures
• Record of success in managing complex national projects, ideally in civic and political engagement
• Public speaking and writing competence
• Experience in fund-raising
• High energy
• Great interpersonal skills
• Master’s degree required; Ph.D preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Review of applications will begin on June 25, 2018. This position is open until filled.
AASCU is an equal opportunity employer. For detailed information about ADP, see the AASCU website at http://www.aascu.org/ADP/. For more information, contact Human Resources, AASCU. To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to Tracye Weeks, Director, Human Resources at email@example.com.