Details: The hourly rate for this position is commensurate with the successful candidate’s relevant professional experience.
65 South Grand Avenue
The National Hispanic Media Coalition (NHMC) is looking for a qualified Executive Assistant and Office Coordinator who is customer service oriented and is able to multi-task. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: receive and greet visitors, answer phones, event planning support, arrange travel and meetings/calls for the President/CEO, provide administrative support to the NHMC team, filing, and other duties as assigned. This position works closely with and reports directly to the President/CEO and President/CEO Elect, but will also interface with the rest of the NHMC staff.
Duties for Executive Assistant and Office Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Answer phones, roll calls, phone log and greet guests;
- Coordinate President/CEO and President/CEO Elect complex calendars, meetings with entertainment executives, mail, invoices, expense reports, and travel arrangements;
- Compose email correspondents, letters, agendas, minutes, presentations, and set up audio-visual equipment
- Coordinate organization’s internal calendar, meetings, maintain databases, spreadsheets and event travel arrangements;
- Provide administrative support to NHMC team like filing, scanning, copying, and research;
- Sit in on creative meetings, assist with the organization’s website and podcast/radio station operations; and
- The Executive Assistant also performs a wide range of job duties as assigned and requested.
Minimum Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 1-2 years experience as an administrative assistant and/or coordinator;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and written skills;
- Excellent phone etiquette, good judgment, and discretion;
- Leadership skills with experience working in a diverse team environment;
- Demonstrated or stated commitment to social justice issues;
- Strong creative skills and innovative approach;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, work resourcefully in a fast-paced environment, and complete assignments in a accurate & timely manner;
- Requires common sense and ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to manage effective relationships with staff and allied organizations;
- Energetic outlook and commitment to NHMC’s mission;
- Weekend and after hours may be required occasionally;
- Must be available for travel. Estimate of 10%; and
- Fluent in Spanish a strong plus, but not required.
NHMC offers a competitive benefits package that includes health care coverage, retirement plan, paid time off, and paid parental leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
(Applicants who fail to provide all required materials will not be considered.)
Fill out and submit online application at http://bit.ly/NHMCexecasst.