Recognized by the Boston Globe as one of the Top Places To Work, Bay Cove Human Services is a private, not-for-profit corporation that provides a wide variety of services to individuals and their families who face the life-long challenges of developmental disabilities, aging, mental illness and drug and alcohol addiction. We have a wide variety of programs available to our clients including residential services, employment support, and day habilitation programs. Bay Cove's 2,000 highly trained employees serve more than 20,000 individuals and their families each year at more than 160 different program sites throughout Greater Boston and southeastern Massachusetts.
Per Diem Nurse (BEST Boston CCS (Crisis Stabilization Unit), Boston)
Schedule: Per Diem
- Per Diem Nurse-BEST Boston Crisis Stabilization Unit Bay Cove Human Services, Inc., a leading Massachusetts human services organization seeks a Per Diem Nurse-BEST Boston to join us in our mission to provide high-quality services to adults who face the life-long challenges of developmental disabilities, mental illness and drug and alcohol dependency.
- The Per Diem Nurse is mission driven, with exceptional judgment, relationship building skills and a compassionate Deliver Services to clients at services to clients at a Crisis Stabilization Unit serving adults with significant psychiatric, behavioral impairments.
- We are looking for someone who strives to:
- Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
- Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- You will: Deliver Services- Provide direct care services to patients on unit including assessing changes in patient conditions, administering medication, conducting health assessments and treatment and completing all required documentation.
- Coordinate admission and discharges to and from the unit.
- Work with a Collaborative spirit - Participates in daily rounds with multidisciplinary team.
- Be Compliant Focused - Consistently follows safety protocols and ensures protocols are routinely reviewed and followed by shift staff.
- Maintains effective communications with the pharmacy ensuring integrity of medication systems.
- MA Registered Nurse; Track record - Three years nursing experience in the delivery of behavioral health services to adults and/or children and adolescents.
- Communication Skills - Ability to perform all tasks in a respectful and thoughtful manner, maintaining the dignity of guests and work in an effective and calm manner.
- Demonstrated skills in working as an effective team player.
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation Skills- Demonstrated ability to work in pressured situations and maintain clarity, focus, judgment and compassion.
- Licensure/Certification- MA Registered Nurse; Driver’s License; Current CPR certification.
- Keywords: healthcare, human services, mental health, psychiatric disabilities, substance abuse, addiction, therapy, recovery, crisis intervention, homelessness, shelter, RN, registered nurse, behavioral health, admissions, discharges, per diem, respite
- Driving License Required? Yes
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.
Apply online by going to https://www.baycove/org/apply/index.cfm?pid=5584.
Bay Cove Human Services, 66 Canal Street, Boston, MA 02114
Bay Cove is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer