Reporting to both of CAC’s Program Directors and working closely with our dynamic and collaborative program team, the Program Coordinator is responsible for managing the Resume Review Service and the distribution of Travel Scholarships for CAC’s National and Regional Conferences, as well as coordinating the publication library, including inventory, distribution trends, and updating of content. The Program Coordinator provides support for all program, event, and project activities for CAC.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate CAC publication library, including
- Determining annual publication print plan and budget.
- Updating of publications including fact checking and ensuring reference accuracy.
- Tracking inventory
- Ordering reprints
- Facilitating distribution
- Acting as primary contact with vendors
- Re-stocking and organizing materials closet
- Manage CAC’s Resume Review Service
- Support all aspects of the execution of the National and Regional Conferences, including materials preparation and printing as well as management of Travel Scholarship distribution processes, which includes:
- Creating contracts for each recipient
- Making offers, and booking travel as necessary
- Tracking acceptances, cost and demographics of class of recipients
- Providing regular updates to program team as well as to the scholarship recipients
- Coordinating reimbursements
- Assist program team with:
- Outreach for in-person and virtual events (approximately 30/year)
- Accreditation processing
- Organizing, printing, and shipping materials for CAC events/speaking engagements nationwide
- Coordinate logistics of trade show participation, including securing booths, preparing materials, handling logistics, etc.
- Provide direct support to population served by CAC via phone and email communications
- Monitor online Collective Diary and Resource Directory
- Manage website homepage editorial calendar
- Contribute content to blog/newsfeed
- Day-to-day program department administrative support, including:
- Coordinate monthly CAC staff meetings and weekly program team meetings
- Special projects as assigned
This role is based in New York City and requires periodic travel as well as occasional evening/weekend hours. No relocation expenses will be provided. Cancer and Careers offers a competitive salary and benefits program, including access to health insurance, paid time off, 401k and a bonus opportunity.
- College graduate
- 1-2 years internship/office experience requested (non-profit preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid administrative and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail/deadline oriented
- Self-starter who enjoys handling multiple projects
- Demonstrates flexibility in conducting work assignments based on new information, revised requirements, unanticipated conflicts, and/or new deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in small, fast-paced and friendly office environment, including active participation in the program team and organization-wide affairs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to lift and/or move boxes/materials up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, and able to climb steps, balance, kneel, crouch or crawl to complete his/her duties. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities to perform his/her essential job duties.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please send resume plus a targeted cover letter detailing your interest in the role and Cancer and Careers as well as your salary expectations, with "Program Coordinator Search" in the subject of the email, to email@example.com.
Submissions made either with a generic cover letter or without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls.