Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Administration joins the executive team to lead AJ-LA’s administrative functions. This executive will oversee overall strategies to support the organization and staff, as well as ensure operations run smoothly. This person will oversee the HR, Facilities and IT departments.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Strategic Partner to CEO as integral member of the senior management team
- Strengthen operational infrastructure to improve efficiency and systematize operating models across the organization
- Oversee HR department, including enhancing HR policies, collective bargaining requirements, compensation, and talent management strategy.
- Oversee Facilities department to ensure property is well managed and maintained and supplies and equipment needs are being met
- Oversee IT department to modernize organization’s use of technology, establish policies/procedures across organization around documentation management and privacy, promote systems integration between platforms and systems (grants, CRM, accounting, benefits, legal, etc.)
- Support professional development and training opportunities for staff growth and satisfaction
- Oversee development of organization-wide policies and procedures in partnership with IT, HR, Facilities, GC, Finance, Development, etc. to mitigate risks for the organization and to ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Promote a culture of collaboration, feedback, communication, and support to cultivate a positive work environment that celebrates success in our work and mission
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum six years in supervisory position in administration with experience overseeing operations, HR, facilities, and IT functions
- Experience working in executive or senior management level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional communication, as well as outstanding written and oral communications
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage several projects at once
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks and willingness to handle all levels of administration, including routine duties
- Deep commitment to the mission of the organization
- Valid driver’s license, liability insurance, and access to reliable transportation