Details: Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package is offered.
36-01 35 Avenue
Museum of the Moving Image seeks a motivated full-time Membership and Annual Giving Manager to strengthen and grow the Museum’s existing individual annual support and membership programs, cultivating lasting relationships with donors, planning and executing member events, and building community. The Membership and Annual Giving Manager will report to the Museum’s Deputy Director of Development.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward annual gift donors and members of up to $10,000.
- Work with the Deputy Director of Development to develop annual giving plan including strategies for donor acquisition and increased individual contributions.
- Create, manage, and execute all mailings including annual year-end giving campaigns, membership renewals, acquisitions, acknowledgements, and promotions.
- Maintain and update member records in Altru (fundraising and ticketing software).
- Draft copy for and manage sending of all member email communications, including weekly and quarterly highlights.
- Work with Marketing/PR and Deputy Director of Development to determine and execute all annual giving campaign messaging and membership offers.
- Interface with public as main point of contact for member questions, concerns, and feedback.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute member and special events with the Director of Events, Guest Services, and Operations. Availability for events during evenings or weekends required.
- Track and report membership and annual giving statistics, ensure the programs meet annual revenue goals.
- Assist with general administrative tasks for the Development department, including processing membership donations and supervising development and membership interns.
- Train and manage volunteers for Membership Desk.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in development for a cultural organization preferred
- Events experience a plus
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Excellent relationship and partnership building skills
- Command of speaking and writing in English is required for this position
- Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package is offered.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume as PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Membership and Annual Giving Manager” as the subject.
No faxes or phone calls please. Museum of the Moving Image is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and to maintaining a staff that represents the traditions and voices of contemporary Queens.