Requisition ID: req2499
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The IRC Finance department seeks to achieve excellence in financial management by providing accurate and timely financial information to IRC management and programs and by adhering to established financial practices and accounting principles. The HQ Finance Team does this by supporting and training staff, by implementing and monitoring the implementation of IRC and donor policies and procedures, and by gathering the necessary financial information in preparation of the organizations' financial statements.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services to generate accurate and timely payment of all IRC HQ vendor payments and employee's reimbursements. The Accounts Payable Clerk reports to the Director, HQ Finance and works closely with internal colleagues at IRC HQ.
- Setup of vendor details in the accounting system; keeping vendor data current.
- Process data requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all the payment requests are in compliance with disbursement policies and procedures. This includes ensuring disbursements are properly authorized, are supported by proper documentation and are mathematically accurate.
- Communicate effectively with vendors and IRC staff on the status of payment inquiries.
- Process credit card liquidations. Follow up on liquidations not submitted by the due date.
- File paid invoices, executed checks and ACH payments on a weekly basis.
- Maintain filing cabinets throughout the year, updating folders as needed on a quarterly basis.
- Update signature authorities for payments on RescueNet after requests are approved.
- Perform ongoing reconciliation of accounts payable outstanding balances in the general ledger.
- Other task assigned by the supervisor.
- Associate Degree, Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience with bookkeeping, accounting, or administrative tasks
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with financial related software (word, excel, accounting packages)
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to work independently and meet deadlines while delivering quality work
- Flexible work attitude, including the ability to meet unexpected demands and work well under pressure in a fast paced team environment
- Proven attitude for numbers and demonstrated ease with processing detail information accurately
- Strong computer skills, facility with MS Word, Excel, various accounting software, and email/internet software
- Proficiency in English language (spoken and written) is required
- The position will work on-site in the New York City Headquarters location
- Standard work office environment
Minimum Education Required