Summer School Teacher
Temporary: July 24, 2018 – August 20, 2018
The teacher is responsible for development and implementation of the academic program, documentation of state assessment standards, report cards and supervision. The position provides supervision in the education setting and supports the program’s behavioral model
SAGE is a 12-bed residential program designed to support and treat females identifying youth ages 11 to 16, who are survivors of Commercial Sexual Exploitation. Services include intensive mental health treatment services, physical health services, milieu treatment and safe housing, on site education and development of safe health supports in the community. SAGE services are holistic and collaborative, trauma informed and aimed at breaking the destructive cycles of trauma and abuse and supporting the development of each individual youth.
Schedule: Monday thru Friday: 9:00am -1:00pm
Education and Work Experience:
· Licensed by the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission for assignment as a teacher
· Must be highly qualified by TSPC to teach core subjects: Language Arts (English), Reading, Mathematics, Sciences, Social Studies, and Art
· Must pass a DHS criminal background check
Summer School Teacher: $21.32 - $21.82
Summer School Teacher (Bilingual) $23.24- $23.70
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
· Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
· Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
· Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
· Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
· Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
· Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
· Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
· Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference job code “SST-157” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Summer School Teacher position.
· Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required