Sunnyside Home Care offers compassionate care to more than 1,500 home-bound New Yorkers. Our skilled home health aides provide crucial support to help individuals remain safely in their homes and communities. Our administrative staff serves as the link between clients, their caregivers, and the professional aides in the home ensuring seamless coverage.
Responsible for the clinical management of client services for all clients managed by the agency and the clinical supervision of home care workers including the documentation of all professional nursing visits in accordance with New York State Department of Health regulations and agency policies and procedures.
1. Participates in the coordination of all aspects of client care from admission to discharge, including discharge planning.
2. Oversees the clinical management of client services for all cases managed by the agency.
3. Conducts a comprehensive initial in-home assessment of the client and the client's environment in accordance with agency policy to ensure the client's needs can be safely met in the client's place of residence.
4. Develops, initiates and evaluates the effectiveness of the client's Plan of Care.
5. Conducts on-going monitoring and oversight of the client's home care needs, and provides appropriate interventions as needed.
6. Identifies potential client health/ safety concerns and intervenes appropriately with client and/or family and the client's physician.
7. Obtains initial physician orders and, reviews and revises the physician's orders every six months and as needed in accordance with Department of Health regulations and agency policies.
8. Conducts client reassessments every six (6) months or more often as needed, based on the client's condition and the nurse's clinical judgment.
9. Provides client/family education and makes appropriate referrals to community resources.
10. Provides skilled nursing visits and direct care to clients in their place of residence
11. Provides on-going communication/updates of the client's condition to other members of the health care team as required by the agency or other contractual requirements.
12. Proactively collaborates with other members of the health care team to address clinical, social and service issues to ensure the highest level of quality care.
13. Ensures the ongoing compliance of client records to Department of Health regulations and agency policies is consistently maintained.
14. Provides orientation, on the job training, evaluations, and supervision for all paraprofessional home care workers in accordance with agency policy.
15. Participates in the agency's Quality Improvement initiatives.
16. Provides feedback from in-home experiences to use as leaning opportunities for enhancing the quality of the Home Health Aide Training and In-service programs.
17. Networks with social, health care and community organizations to promote positive relationships and referral activities.
18. Provides interagency clinical consultation.
19. Participates in the investigation and resolution process of client incidents and complaints.
20. Ensures client confidentiality is maintained with unrestricted access to client files.
21. Maintains an open line of communication with immediate supervisor, and keeps immediate supervisor informed of issues/concerns in a timely manner.
22. Participates in the agency's on-call staffing plan on a rotating basis.
23. Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
24. Participates in staff development/in-service training to ensure client care is provided in accordance with current professional practice standards.
25. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. NY State Licensed Registered Nurse, BSN and community home care experience preferred.
2. Good verbal and written communication skills.
3. Demonstrated competence in professional nursing skills.
4. Able to represent the organization with competency and professionalism.
5. Detail oriented and the ability to work well with people.
SCS offers an Excellent Benefits Package:
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
403B pension plan with employer contribution
Flexible spending account and transit checks
Employee Assistance Program
20 days of paid vacation and 12 paid sick days per year
12 paid Holidays
Five personal/floating days
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in its ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves in an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
Sunnyside Home Care offers compassionate care to more than 1,500 home-bound New Yorkers. Our skilled home health aides provide crucial support to help individuals remain safely in their homes and communities. Our…
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter, resume and salary requirement with subject line: Field Nurse Supervisor to Mvitale@scsny.org, Melissa Vitale, Director of Human Resources
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter, resume and salary requirement with subject line: Field Nurse Supervisor to Mvitale@scsny.org…