Special Education / Program Coordinator / Recreation Therapy
- Job posted by SPARC, Inc. - Special Program And Resource Connection
Details: Commensurate with experience
Coordinate leadership team and implementation of programs for children’s services.
Required Experience /Job Skills:
-experience with children and teens
-understanding of interventions with autism and other developmental disabilities
-understanding of recreation therapy programming
-3+years in staff supervision
Office: Yorktown Heights, need car for weekly program visits throughout Westchester County
- Supervise and train leadership team
- Oversight of creative, goal oriented, social skills / recreation therapy programming
- Oversee participants’ goals, progress, plans
- Weekly site visits
- Lead programs as needed to role model or substitute
- Liaison for inter-agency contracts and with families
- Participate as part of administrative team in promoting services in community, fundraising events and agency initiatives.
Some evenings and Saturdays required on a flexible basis for site visits.
Candidates will be joining a large and highly motivated team of creative professionals providing a wide range of goal oriented programs to our enthusiastic participants.
Minimum Education Required