Our Mission & Vision
The mission of EmpowHer Institute is to empower girls and young women in marginalized communities by giving them the skills necessary through education, training, and mentorship to enable them to become confident, college and career ready.
We envision a world where every girl is provided the opportunities and resources to: embrace the power of her voice; make informed decisions about her body and future; break generational cycles of poverty; contribute to the creation of an equitable society.
EmpowHer Institute is seeking a full-time Director of Development. In this small and emerging organization, the Director of Development will spearhead fundraising efforts as EmpowHer continues to grow. He/She/They will be responsible for building and executing the development plan, developing relationships with key public and private funding stakeholders, partnering with the Executive Director in raising the organization’s annual revenue goals, grantwriting, and donor cultivation.
The Development Director will report to and work in partnership with the Executive Director (ED) to meet the organization’s aggressive 3-year fundraising goals (FY 2021- $600K, FY 2022- $1M, FY 2023- $1.5M).
· Develop and execute EmpowHer’s annual fundraising plan
· Secure financial support from public and private resources, including individuals, foundations corporations, etc
· Manage the DonorPerfect CRM and manage the AmeriCorps VISTA who is responsible for data entry and gift processing
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
· Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
· Secure corporate sponsors for annual special events
· Write foundation and corporate grant proposals
· Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising through GrantHub software system
· Support in board development as it pertains to fundraising
· BA (required), MA (a plus)
· Five-plus years of experience in fund development
· Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
· Five-plus years of experience in grantwriting
· Strong written and verbal presentation skills
· Comfortable speaking publicly with large and small groups
· Knowledge of donor CRM systems (DonorPerfect preferred)
· Must pass LiveScan criminal background check facilitated by the LA County Department of Probation
· Must submit negative TB test results
· Must be collaborative, creative, and a determined go getter who is unafraid to ask for money and does not get knocked down by the answer “no”
The ideal candidate is one who is committed to the mission and vision of EmpowHer Institute, has a dynamic personality, is creative, is comfortable around diverse stakeholders, believes in collaboration, and has excellent interpersonal communications skills.
Our Mission & Vision
The mission of EmpowHer Institute is to empower girls and young women in marginalized communities by giving them the skills necessary through education, training, and mentorship to enable them to become…
· Benefits include paid holidays and vacation, a Simple IRA with employer match, 100% coverage for medical, dental, vision, and a range of professional development opportunities
· Flexible schedule and remote work from home schedule offered
· EmpowHer Institute® is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
· Benefits include paid holidays and vacation, a Simple IRA with employer match, 100% coverage for medical, dental, vision, and a range of professional development opportunities…
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample of a previously written grant proposal (no more than 4 pages) to Dawn L Brown, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR. Applications without cover letter, resume, and writing sample will not be considered.
This position is currently remote until EmpowHer returns to in-person programming. At that time, there is flexibility for the Development Director to continue working remotely when the person is not scheduled for in-person meetings.
EmpowHer Institute is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. EmpowHer Institute will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ individuals encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample of a previously written grant proposal (no more than 4 pages) to Dawn L Brown, Executive Director at email@example.com…