Intake Specialist/Legal Assistant
- Job posted by Constitutional Law Center for Muslims in America (CLCMA)
Details: Hourly rate of $14.50/hour, based on a 40 hour work week
833 East Arapaho Road
The Constitutional Law Center for Muslims in America, Inc. is a nonprofit law center dedicated to defending the civil liberties and legal rights of Muslims in American courtrooms and litigating issues that are important to the Muslim community.
We are seeking a highly motivated intake specialist and front desk support assistant to aid our office in screening and managing cases.
The intake specialist/legal assistant will:
• Handle all incoming calls to the office, and receive visitors to the office
• Organize and track all potential client referrals by phone, web forms, and email
• Schedule and conduct in-person and telephone consultation with potential clients
• Gather and enter administrative information into computerized databases to track intakes
• Establish and organize case files, update and maintain the file database and case management software, and confirm case status with attorneys
• Draft correspondence, process and scan incoming mail, and perform other clerical work
• Review initial intakes received in writing and coordinate with attorneys responses back to written requests for case assistance
Our ideal candidate will:
• Communicates courteously and professionally with clients, co-workers, and the public
• Maintains accuracy in a fast-paced work environment
• Adheres to the highest levels of case confidentiality and discretion
• Multi-tasks efficiently and manages his or her time well
• Produces error-free, polished work
• Is a self-motivated problem solver
• Shares our passion for social justice and constitutional law
• Works well with others in a diverse workforce
• The position is located in our Richardson (Dallas), Texas office.
• Salary $14.50/hour based on a 40 hour week.
• We have competitive vacation, holiday, and sick leave policies.
• We provide health, vision, and dental, as well as 401(K).
• Applications will be received and considered until the position is filled.
Level of Language Proficiency
Ability to speak and write Urdu, Somali, or Arabic would be ideal, but is not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward a cover letter and resume to Catherine McDonald, Managing Attorney at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Intake Specialist/Legal Assistant” in the subject line.
CLCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.