450 West 37th Street
Job Title: Development & Executive Assistant
Reports to: President & Executive Director and Director of Development
Orchestra of St. Luke’s seeks a detail-oriented, organized, people-oriented assistant to the development department and President & Executive Director.
About Orchestra of St. Luke’s
Orchestra of St. Luke’s brings music to life with world-class performances, city-wide community and education programs, and through the broad array of musicians and ensembles who rehearse, record, and perform at The DiMenna Center for Classical Music. The orchestra performs approximately 70 concerts each year, including a subscription series at Carnegie Hall, a new Bach Festival, chamber music programs, educational performances, and the DeGaetano Composition Institute.
About the Role
The assistant is part of a team of four charged with raising more than $3 million annually. This individual frequently interacts with Board members, donors, and VIPs, and is responsible for managing the scheduling and administrative needs of the President & Executive Director. Excellent communication skills and organizational abilities are critical.
• Processing and acknowledging contributions, and coordinating fundraising materials for appeals, e-blasts, and supplementary materials for grant proposals
• Maintaining accurate and orderly donor records in our database.
• Supporting a new membership program and conducting research on development opportunities
• Assisting logistics for a variety of meetings, receptions, and special events
• Analyzing data and compiling reports on current or prospective donors
• Maintain President & Executive Director’s calendar, answer phone, draft correspondence, reconcile expenses, maintain files and contacts
• Serve as liaison to the Board of Directors to coordinate scheduling, assemble meeting materials, and draft minutes as necessary
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Superb attention to detail
- 1 to 2 years of professional experience
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar database
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to anticipate needs; ability to work in a professional manner in an open office environment; discretion and sensitivity with confidential information
- Interest in classical music
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Use of an office phone, computer and internet is required
- Expected to work some evenings and weekends to staff events and assist front of house.
- Physically able to move tables and chairs as needed.
- Open office environment
• Medical insurance (eligible after 90 day waiting period), 3% of salary employee contribution toward premium.
• Employer-paid health reimbursement arrangement covers most eligible, in-network, out-of-pocket expenses (pro-rated during first year of employment)
• Basic dental insurance provided. Upgraded dental and vision insurance available.
• Voluntary, employee-paid 403(b) tax-sheltered annuity plan
• Employer-paid retirement plan (employer contribution of 3% gross salary) available after one year of employment
• Commuter benefit plan, with pre-tax salary contribution up to $260 per month
• Annual paid leave consists of up to 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, 10 company holidays, and 6 sick days (additionally, at the discretion of the Executive Director, the days between Christmas and New Year)
Minimum Education Required