100 Gold Street
GrowNYC is seeking a detail oriented, well organized professional to join our development team as a Development Associate. Founded in 1970, GrowNYC is a hands-on non-profit whose mission is to improve New York City's quality of life through environmental programs that transform communities block by block and empower all New Yorkers to secure a clean and healthy environment for future generations. GrowNYC operates farmers markets, engages New Yorkers in recycling education and resources, builds and maintains green spaces, and engages young people in hands-on education.
- Managing GrowNYC’s relationship with the City Council, a significant source of funding for the organization
- Responding to various government (local, state, federal) RFP’s
- Stewarding relationships/partnerships with elected officials and others
- Drafting grant proposals and renewal requests to corporate and foundation supporters
- Identifying new funding prospects, including Foundation, Corporate, and Individuals
- Developing grant materials to secure donations
- Creation of funding appeals (mail, email and social media)
- In-person interactions with donors
- Planning and managing fundraising, special events, and funder tours
- Maintaining records and execute reports
- Helping maintain and improve our donor database
- Interacting with board members, including attending board committee meetings
Essential Competencies of the Successful Candidate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at relentless but personable follow-up with large numbers of external partners
- Familiarity with the NYC Councilmatic funds, and more
- Able to be flexible and shift gears as needed i.e. comfortable with putting out fires
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and take initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to proactively seek out and identify opportunities; a self-starter
- Adept researcher with knowledge fundraising information sources and industry best practices
- A patient and even-tempered demeanor
Background / Prior Experience
Bachelor's degree, plus relevant 3+ fundraising experience and a familiarity with federal, state and city grants process is preferred. A particular personal interest and knowledge in the areas of environment, food and/or education is preferred and should be referenced in cover letter.
Salary Range: Salary starts at 45K annually. This position is full-time with a generous benefits package including medical and dental insurance and paid time off.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume and three references to Chelsea Whittaker, firstname.lastname@example.org, by close of business on March 16, 2018. Combine all submissions into one PDF and write “Development Associate” in the subject line.
GrowNYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required