Details: Commensurate with experience
Job Title: Community Outreach Coordinator
Employer: Resource Central (formerly Center for ReSource Conservation); Boulder, CO
Job Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports To: Water Programs Manager: Landscape Programs
About Resource Central
We’re thirty people in Boulder determined to make conservation so simple that people don’t even realize they’re doing it. Founded in 1976, our nonprofit’s programs in water, energy, and waste have helped nearly 500,000 people improve their homes, conserve natural resources, and save money. Learn more at: ResourceCentral.org.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will play a key role in helping to promote water conservation in Colorado, helping thousands of families save water through landscape change. Under the supervision of the Water Programs Manager, this position will be tasked with providing operational and outreach support for our wildly successful Garden In A Box program and other water conservation programs. This position’s main purpose will be to build on and grow community engagement and increase public awareness for the Landscape Programs utilizing all aspects of marketing, while providing high quality day-to-day program coordination as part of a high functioning team.
· Provide project coordination for the Water-Wise Landscape Seminars, Garden In A Box Program, Turf Replacement Program, and other Resource Central programs and events
· Lead the organization and management of the Water-Wise Landscape Seminar Series and other events as assigned
· Coordinate and actively contribute to program marketing efforts, including but not limited to, creating flyers and advertisements, organizing email marketing, overseeing social media pages, developing web content, etc
· Provide outstanding customer service for program participants in person and via email/telephone
· Increase public awareness for the landscape programs through all aspects of outreach and marketing
· Seek out creative and effective community engagement opportunities to promote programmatic efforts
· Communicate knowledgably and effectively with program participants about all Resource Central programs
· Actively contribute to the success of all water programs and contribute towards building a positive, collaborative and results-oriented team
Skills and Abilities
· Superior communication and interpersonal skills
· Outstanding marketing writing skills
· Graphic design skills preferred
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Social Media platforms, InDesign, Photoshop, and email marketing platforms preferred
· Superior organization and attention to detail
· Flexibility and willingness to learn and assist others to accomplish shared goals
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, troubleshoot and come up with creative solutions
· Self-motivated, quick-learner and results-driven; willing to take initiative and ownership of a project
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
· 2 years of experience providing outreach, communications and marketing support in results driven environment
· Customer service/retail experience highly preferred
· This is a 40-hour per week role with significant flexibility, but during the April-May busy-season, must be able to work 2-4 weekday evenings and every Saturday (except Memorial Day weekend) in May. Additional time may be required, including occasional weekend and evening work
· Must have a valid drivers’ license and access to a reliable vehicle. Minimal travel through the Denver area required
· Must be able to complete physical labor, including being able to safely lift up to 30lbs.
· Must be willing to work outside during outreach events in most conditions
Expectation for All Employees
Support Resource Central’s mission and exhibit a commitment to:
· Promoting innovation, excellence, and respect for the long-term sustainability of our environment,
· Working collaboratively, with integrity and respect for fellow employees, associates, and our communities,
· Embracing personal responsibility and accountability for your job.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to HR@ResourceCentral.org with the subject line “Community Outreach Coordinator”.
Resource Central is dedicated to equal employment opportunities. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, military status, gender expression, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable state or local law. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
Minimum Education Required