465 California Street
The Salesforce Administrator, known internally as our Development Operations Manager, reports to the Director of Shared Services and works directly with Development Operations (Dev Ops) and IT teams to help achieve Room to Read’s fundraising goals. The Development Operations Manager manages data operations and procedures in development systems including NGOC, Classy, Engaging Networks and others. The major focus of this position is managing activities and process improvements in Room to Read’s Salesforce systems, creating reports for Management and other departments. This position works closely with many members of the Room to Read team particularly as the organization prepares for the next strategic planning phase.
The Development Manager is a CRM database superstar, excellent project manager, and has strong leadership skills. S/he has a strong working knowledge of database enterprise systems and their relationships to CRMs and integrated programs (e.g., sales or donation portals). This person can deftly manage multiple revenue streams; ensure seamless and accurate reporting; and troubleshoot complicated and critical database issues – all for a for a highly-successful organization. This individual possesses impeccable organizational, interpersonal, customer service and communication skills; and the ability to work independently as well as on a team. The role will also partner with leadership to make strategic decisions on improving data operations, gift processing and report management etc. as we head into a new strategic planning phase.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Project Management & Process Improvements:
- Act as the subject matter expert working in partnership with the IT team, proactively identifying and leading operational improvements, either specifically for the Development department or across departments, implement scalable and efficient solutions.
- Lead Salesforce projects with strong organization and people management skills, managing cross functional teams to ensure project quality and timeliness.
- Manage the process of documenting new processes and updating training manuals, working with the full DevOps and IT teams on roll out, as needed.
- Lead the charge to enhance revenue modeling predictions, conduct research to analyze data and identify other meaningful metrics for tracking overall giving.
- Develop, run and prepare reports (financial, historical analysis, data, benchmarks, etc.) for various presentations and meetings.
- Oversee how DevOps support the fundraising teams to connect to constituent records for optimal solicitations and cultivation strategies.
- In consultation with stakeholders, manage define the coding and functionality within the database by leading discussions of database protocol and best practices; developing policies/procedures at times shaping new business processes where needed and leading training sessions.
- Other tasks as necessary.
General Tasks and Reporting:
- Maintain Room to Read’s database records in all development systems, identifying and implementing increased efficeencies within business processes when applicable.
- Manage support ticketing systems for CRM; assign issues/cases to appropriate staff members on the DevOps team, respond to requests from Development and Accounting, and provide solutions to user problems, requestion support from the IT team when Apex coding or configuration is necessary, to ensure user satisfaction and productivity.
- Maintain CRM data quality and inventory checks in Salesforce.
- Strong understanding and/or the abiity to at times create, workflows, process builders, flows in Salesforce. Some understanding of Apex triggers a plus.
- Create and manage reports in Salesforce. Specifically but not limited to reports, including matrix and joined reports, with filter logic, cross object filters, bucket fields, and formula fields, list views, email templates, etc.
- Manage the process of compiling and updating all standard reports (monthly/weekly/etc.) ensuring the team has a strong handle on revenue status.
- Create and manage the following in Excel: Pivot tables and Formulas, including: VLOOKUP, Pivot Table formulas, Date/time formatting.
- Manage booked pledges, reimbursable and deferred revenue worldwide.
- Spearhead reviewing and organizing Dev Ops onboarding documentation and NGOC training materials ensuring proper roll out and communications on all updates to all fundraising markets.
- Perform on-going training for staff including setting up new users.
- Manage temporary staff and volunteers as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree, or comparable professional experience
- Minimum of 7-10 years relevant work experience in nonprofit organizations with fundraising database experience specifically Salesforce, ideally NGOC
- Excellent understanding of databases and data structures, and knowledge of data management best practices
- Familiarity working with large datasets in Excel or other tools
- Proven success with project management execution
- Proven ability to thrive in a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines and simultaneously taking initiative
- Strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills
- Has a searing focus on results and can effectively communicate goals and impact
- Promotes innovation/willing to take risks
- Develops relationships to drive resources and results
- Has the necessary organizational skills to deliver on business model
- Computer literate in MS Office (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided
- Gift processing experience with familiarity of IRS, GAAP and FASB regulations; prior experience with gifts and gift/receipting policies from foreign countries
- Familiarity with SQL and/or programming concepts
- Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a non-profit organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work and low overhead
- Proven success with managing individuals and motivating volunteers/interns
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, commuter benefits, and a 401K match. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the world through the lifelong gift of education.
Global Office - Main - San Francisco
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Minimum Education Required